Attack Announce Pre-Season Schedule & New Training Camp Start Date
The Ontario Hockey League announced their 2021 Pre-Season Schedule and new start date for 2021 training camps on Wednesday. The Attack will now open training camp on August 30, and will play five pre-season games throughout September and early October against the Barrie Colts, North Bay Battalion and Sudbury Wolves.
The OHL originally announced in May training camp would open on September 4, but has now moved that date up to August 30. This change will allow the Attack to hold its traditional week-long training camp featuring two days of rookie camp (August 30-31) and three days of main camp (September 1-3) culminating with the annual Red/White game on September 3 at 6pm. A full training camp on-ice schedule can be found at the bottom of this article.
The Attack will then open their five-game pre-season schedule with a traditional labour day matchup with their highway 26 rivals the Barrie Colts in Barrie. The Bears will remain on the road for their next two games heading to North Bay for a matinee game on September 18 and to Sudbury on September 24th for a 7:05pm start. The Attack will finish up their pre-season schedule with a pair of games at the Bayshore on September 25 against the Barrie Colts at 7pm and October 2 against the North Bay Battalion at 2pm.
The Attack will make an announcement regarding how fans can attend training camp at the Bayshore and when pre-season tickets will be put on sale closer to the start of training camp.
TRAINING CAMP ON-ICE SCHEDULE:
August 30, 2021 - Rookie Camp, Day 1 9:00am: Team 1 Practice 10:15am: Rookie Scrimmage #1 11:40am: Team 2 Practice 3:00pm: Rookie Scrimmage #2
August 31, 2021 - Rookie Camp, Day 2 9:00am: Team 2 Practice 10:15am: Rookie Scrimmage #3 11:40am: Team 1 Practice 3:00pm: Rookie Scrimmage #4
September 1, 2021 - Main Camp, Day 1 1:30pm: Team 1 Practice 3:00pm: Team 2 Practice
September 2, 2021 - Main Camp, Day 2 9:00am: Team 1 Practice 10:20am: Main Camp Scrimmage #1 11:40am: Team 2 Practice 3:00pm: Main Camp Scrimmage #2
September 3, 2021 - Main Camp, Day 3 9:00am: Team 2 Practice 10:00am: Main Camp Scrimmage #3 11:20am: Team 2 Practice 6:00pm: Red vs. White Game
PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE: Sept. 6 @ Barrie Colts, 6pm Sept. 18 @ North Bay Battalion, 2pm Sept. 24 @ Sudbury Wolves, 7:05pm Sept. 25 vs. Barrie Colts, 7pm Oct. 2 vs. North Bay Battalion, 2pm
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 21, 2021
- Colts Sign Beau Akey - Barrie Colts
- Brett Harrison Is Ready to be the Difference for an NHL Organization - Oshawa Generals
- OHL Announces 2021 Exhibition Game Schedule - Kitchener Rangers
- OHL Announces 2021 Exhibition Game Schedule - Guelph Storm
- Canadian Hockey League Announces New Multi-Year Broadcast Partnerships - OHL
- Steelheads Release Exhibition Schedule - Mississauga Steelheads
- Attack Announce Pre-Season Schedule & New Training Camp Start Date - Owen Sound Attack
- Troops Add Exhibition Dates - North Bay Battalion
- Wisdom and Wright Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Camp - Kingston Frontenacs
- OHL ANNOUNCES 2021 EXHIBITION GAME SCHEDULE - Barrie Colts
- OHL Announces 2021 Exhibition Game Schedule - Peterborough Petes
- 2021 Exhibition Schedule Released for Otters, OHL - Erie Otters
- OHL Announces 2021 Exhibition Game Schedule - OHL
- Spitfires' Trevor Letowski Named Assistant Coach of Montreal Canadiens - Windsor Spitfires
- Perfetti, Lennox Named to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Program Roster - Saginaw Spirit
- Steelheads Sign Undrafted Kai Schwindt - Mississauga Steelheads
- Tullio Named to World Junior Summer Showcase - Oshawa Generals
- 18 OHL Players Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Camp - OHL
- Mason McTavish Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Camp - Peterborough Petes
- Ottawa 67's Welcome Dave Cameron as 10th Head Coach in Team History - Ottawa 67's
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.