Atlanta United Promotes Liam Curran to First Team Goalkeeper Coach
ATLANTA - Atlanta United announced today it has promoted Liam Curran from Academy Head Goalkeeper Coach to First Team Goalkeeper Coach.
"Liam has earned this opportunity through his hard work and dedication to the club," Atlanta United Vice President and Technical Director Carlos Bocanegra said. "He has been an integral part of the coaching staff both at the Academy and USL level over the last three seasons. He has worked with our First Team goalkeepers throughout the offseason and preseason. We are excited to have him join our First Team coaching staff this year."
The Sydney, Australia native has served with the Atlanta United Academy since 2017. He has also overseen Atlanta United 2's goalkeepers at the USL Championship level since the team began play in 2018. He brings several years of coaching experience at the academy, club and collegiate level. Before joining Atlanta United, Curran was an Assistant Coach at Clemson University from 2012-16. During his time with the Tigers program, Clemson were National Finalists (2015), ACC Tournament Champions (2014) and ACC Atlantic Division Champs (2014).
Curran also was a part of the University of Akron coaching staff in 2010 when the Zips won their lone NCAA National Championship. Curran has coached and mentored several goalkeepers who have gone on to play professional soccer, including former Clemson standout Andrew Tarbell who was selected with the eighth overall pick in the 2016 MLS SuperDraft.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 18, 2020
- Impact Faces Deportivo Saprissa Wednesday in Costa Rica - Montreal Impact
- Updated MLS Fan Code of Conduct Released for 2020 Season - Colorado Rapids
- McDonough and Alonso Share Excitement at Addition of Midfield Maestro Pizarro - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Phillip Goodrum to Short-Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas' 25th Season Features Refreshed Culinary Options at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Unveils Club's Rituals and Activations for 2020 MLS Opener - Nashville SC
- Where to Grab Gear and Giveaways Before Our MLS Debut - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Re-Signs Defender Alex Roldan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Development Academy Update: U-17s Top Group in 2020 Generation Adidas Cup Qualifying - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Promotes Liam Curran to First Team Goalkeeper Coach - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Acquires England Youth International Centre-Back Luis Binks - Montreal Impact
- Sky Blue FC to Train at Red Bulls Training Facility - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Signs 2020 SuperDraft No. 14 Overall Pick Nkosi Burgess - FC Dallas
- J. Rieger & Co. Reveals 2020 Sporting KC Whiskey Label - Sporting Kansas City
- Philadelphia Union and Subaru of America Announce Stadium Naming Rights Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- New York Red Bulls Sign Partnership with JLab Audio - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Head Coach Ron Jans Resigns - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Joins Major League Soccer's Ã¢ÂÂMLS Unites' Campaign
- Atlanta United Statement on Training Moratoriums
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation Announces Nearly $5.4 Million in Funding for COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- Josef Martinez Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Atlanta United Falls 3-0 to Club America in Leg One