FC Cincinnati Head Coach Ron Jans Resigns
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati head coach Ron Jans resigned his position late Monday evening. He left the club after joining FCC on Aug. 4, 2019.
"As Major League Soccer's investigation unfolded and some themes emerged, Ron offered his resignation and we agreed that it was the best course of action for everyone involved with FC Cincinnati," club president Jeff Berding said.
"We place the utmost importance on a strong culture within our club, beginning in our locker room, and that every person connected with FC Cincinnati feels valued, respected and trusted. Racial and cultural diversity is a major part of what makes the game of soccer so special, and we place the highest priority on respecting every person involved in our game. This includes absolutely everyone associated with our club, from our locker room and front office, all the way through to our fans," Berding said.
Yoann Damet will serve as the club's interim head coach while General Manager Gerard Nijkamp begins the international search for a new head coach.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 18, 2020
- Impact Faces Deportivo Saprissa Wednesday in Costa Rica - Montreal Impact
- Updated MLS Fan Code of Conduct Released for 2020 Season - Colorado Rapids
- McDonough and Alonso Share Excitement at Addition of Midfield Maestro Pizarro - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Phillip Goodrum to Short-Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas' 25th Season Features Refreshed Culinary Options at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Unveils Club's Rituals and Activations for 2020 MLS Opener - Nashville SC
- Where to Grab Gear and Giveaways Before Our MLS Debut - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Re-Signs Defender Alex Roldan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Development Academy Update: U-17s Top Group in 2020 Generation Adidas Cup Qualifying - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Promotes Liam Curran to First Team Goalkeeper Coach - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Acquires England Youth International Centre-Back Luis Binks - Montreal Impact
- Sky Blue FC to Train at Red Bulls Training Facility - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Signs 2020 SuperDraft No. 14 Overall Pick Nkosi Burgess - FC Dallas
- J. Rieger & Co. Reveals 2020 Sporting KC Whiskey Label - Sporting Kansas City
- Philadelphia Union and Subaru of America Announce Stadium Naming Rights Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- New York Red Bulls Sign Partnership with JLab Audio - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Head Coach Ron Jans Resigns - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- More Classic FC Cincinnati Games Return to WSTR Star64 on Saturday
- Social Second-Screen Shows Planned for Weekend Star64 Encores
- WSTR Star64 to Re-Air Classic FC Cincinnati Games this Weekend
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Raising Funds for West End Student Meals
- Kubo scores first MLS goal as Orange and Blue come up short against Atlanta