Philadelphia Union and Subaru of America Announce Stadium Naming Rights Partnership
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union and Subaru of America, Inc. today announced a multi-year stadium naming rights partnership in a global first for the automaker. As a part of the partnership, the home of the Union will be named Subaru Park, an 18,500-seat sports and events destination in the greater Philadelphia area. Subaru will become the official and exclusive automotive partner of the Philadelphia Union. Additionally, the two companies have jointly made a commitment to the greater Philadelphia community that will produce a series of charitable programs as an extension of the Subaru Love Promise vision.
The agreement between the Union and Subaru marks the first time the leading automaker has entered into a partnership with a major league sports team, domestically and globally. Extending beyond a naming rights agreement, the core of the partnership is the development of community programs that enhance the greater Philadelphia community where both organizations are headquartered. The programs will benefit causes centered around youth soccer, pediatric cancer, pet adoption, and environmental sustainability.
"Today is the start of a historic new chapter for the Philadelphia Union, both with the inauguration of our 2020 season at Subaru Park and in the official beginning of our relationship with Subaru of America, a partner that shares in our vision for a better future for our fans and surrounding community," said Tim McDermott, Philadelphia Union President. "Subaru of America has consistently exemplified a passionate commitment to the community and bringing people together, which is a core value upon which our club was founded. We are committed to working hand-in-hand to give back and create a better world for our fans and the people of the Greater Philadelphia area."
"When organizations unite for the greater good, everyone wins, which is why we at Subaru of America are excited to come together with our local professional soccer team, the Philadelphia Union, under a shared goal to do good and strive for the betterment of our local communities ," said Thomas J. Doll, President and CEO, Subaru of America, Inc. "This partnership extends the reach of our commitments to improve the lives of people in our community. Subaru of America, along with our retailers and the Philadelphia Union, will develop community programs that will directly tie to our Subaru Love Promise initiatives."
At the center of the agreement is a commitment to the community through outreach programs as a part of the Subaru Love Promise company vision. Those initiatives include:
Subaru Loves the Earth: A focus on creating a more sustainable environment for fans and the Philadelphia community through recycling efforts and a community garden to grow and donate fresh fruits and vegetables to local communities in need .
Subaru Loves to Help: An effort to provide underserved communities the equipment and resources needed to become active and experience the game of soccer in and around the city.
Subaru Loves to Care: A commitment to support children battling cancer, to highlight and recognize unsung heroes in our community, as well as a celebration of all walks of life regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
Subaru Loves Pets: A mission to unite pets with loving homes and to support pet adoption and animal welfare in the Greater Philadelphia community. In addition to becoming Subaru Park and adding new dynamic signage, the Union's home will receive numerous additional improvements ahead of the 2020 season, including:
State-of-the-art Videoboard: Subaru Park will feature an all-new, high dynamic range (HDR) videoboard for the 2020 season. This will be the first HDR compatible videoboard in a Philadelphia sports venue and the first in any MLS soccer-specific venue. The board will be 109 ft. x 32 ft. with 3,440 sq. ft. of video surface, a 281% increase in surface, and feature a 200% increase in resolution. The stadium will also feature upgraded LED ribbons around the field and bowl as well as more than 200 new monitors throughout the stadium and concourse.
New Parking Lots: Three new parking lots have been acquired by the Union during the off-season, providing more parking and improved ingress and egress for ticket holders. In addition, there will be more than 30 reserved spaces in Lot B, free of charge on a first-come, first-serve basis for fans who are Subaru owners.
Tunnel Club: After a soft opening during the 2019 playoff game, the new premium VIP Tunnel Club is now open and offers special game day experiences to West Side Field Seat, Field Table, Manager's Row and Presidential Row Season Ticket Members. The Tunnel Club provides exclusive benefits ranging from all-inclusive food and beverage to one-of-kind experiences such as behind the scenes, close-proximity to the players and their locker room throughout the game.
OVG Global Partnerships served as the naming rights agency for the Philadelphia Union and was instrumental in the creation of this partnership. For more information, please visit www.philadelphiaunion.com .
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 18, 2020
- Impact Faces Deportivo Saprissa Wednesday in Costa Rica - Montreal Impact
- Updated MLS Fan Code of Conduct Released for 2020 Season - Colorado Rapids
- McDonough and Alonso Share Excitement at Addition of Midfield Maestro Pizarro - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Signs Phillip Goodrum to Short-Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas' 25th Season Features Refreshed Culinary Options at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Nashville SC Unveils Club's Rituals and Activations for 2020 MLS Opener - Nashville SC
- Where to Grab Gear and Giveaways Before Our MLS Debut - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Re-Signs Defender Alex Roldan - Seattle Sounders FC
- Development Academy Update: U-17s Top Group in 2020 Generation Adidas Cup Qualifying - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Promotes Liam Curran to First Team Goalkeeper Coach - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Acquires England Youth International Centre-Back Luis Binks - Montreal Impact
- Sky Blue FC to Train at Red Bulls Training Facility - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Signs 2020 SuperDraft No. 14 Overall Pick Nkosi Burgess - FC Dallas
- J. Rieger & Co. Reveals 2020 Sporting KC Whiskey Label - Sporting Kansas City
- Philadelphia Union and Subaru of America Announce Stadium Naming Rights Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- New York Red Bulls Sign Partnership with JLab Audio - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Head Coach Ron Jans Resigns - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Debut "Union Classic"
- Union earn a point in Los Angeles with three goals; Glesnes scores first MLS goal
- Three Philadelphia Union Players to Join CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Roster
- Glesnes debuts for Union; Homegrowns feature in season opener
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Kacper Przybylko to Contract Extension