Arsenal Use Late Comeback to Top T-Birds 103-98
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Anaheim Arsenal used a comeback in the fourth quarter for the second straight game to defeat the Albuquerque Thunderbirds 103-98 Friday night in Anaheim.
Andre Owens led the Arsenal, scoring a remarkable 24 points in the fourth quarter (28 points total) to bring his team back from an 11-point deficit at the start of the last quarter. This was the second consecutive game between these two teams that came down to the final minute.
Outside of Owens' performance, the Arsenal received an outstanding performance from Majic Dorsey, who scored 12 points and dished out 11 assists, which gave him his second consecutive double-double. Jawad Williams also scored 14 points for the Arsenal.
Although being out-rebounded 42 to 23 by the T-Birds, the Arsenal had another dynamite team performance to lead them to victory (five players scoring in double figures).
"We just find ways to get things done," said Arsenal interim head coach Reggie Geary. "We are finding ways to win and tonight our guys had excellent energy in the fourth quarter. Andre was in attack mode' tonight, and that made the difference."
The T-Birds were led by the great performance of Cedric Bozeman, who finished with 19 points and 10 assists. Joe Shipp also turned in 19 points for the T-Birds, while Tony Bland recorded 15 points.
"The difference was their ability to stay after us," said Albuquerque head coach Michael Cooper. "We didn't have players to make big plays tonight, and they did."
The Arsenal tip-offs tomorrow night at 7:00pm in Anaheim against the Colorado 14ers while the T-Birds head to Bakersfield to take on the Jam.
In addition to single-game tickets, season, mini-plan and group packages are still available. For Arsenal ticket information, please call 714-635-2255 or visit www.anaheimarsenal.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 26, 2007
- Arsenal Use Late Comeback to Top T-Birds 103-98 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Buckman, Woods help keep Toros win streak alive - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa eases past Sioux Falls - Tulsa 66ers
- 14ers Defeat D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Trey backs Da Bull - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Big Shot Shows Support for Fellow Mascot Da Bull - Fort Worth Flyers
- Toros Mascot Garners Support - Austin Spurs
- Jazz Recall C.J. Miles From D-League - Idaho Stampede
- Flyers to Host Faith and Family Night/Scout Night and Flyers Fiesta Sunday - Fort Worth Flyers
- Routie Shows Support for Fellow Mascot, Da Bull - Tulsa 66ers
- Sonics Recall Sene from D-League - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Stampede rumble over Fort Worth - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.