Flyers to Host Faith and Family Night/Scout Night and Flyers Fiesta Sunday
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 26, 2007 - The Fort Worth Flyers will celebrate Faith and Family Night/Scout Night on Saturday, January 27 and Flyers Fiesta Sunday on Sunday, January 28 as the team hosts the Dakota Wizards for a two-game series at the Fort Worth Convention Center. The homestand will mark the team's return to Fort Worth after a seven-game road trip.
"This weekend's festivities will be a great way to welcome our team back home and give the community another opportunity to experience exciting NBA Development League basketball," said Flyers president Ken Nicholson.
The Flyers tip off Faith and Family Night/Scout Night on Saturday with a pregame clinic for Girl Scouts at 5 p.m. conducted by the Flyers basketball staff and members of the FlyGirls, the official dance team of the Flyers powered by Digicom. At halftime, fans can enjoy a unique martial arts performance by Tongillo Martial Science and Master Ken Young. Following the game, Drew and the Renewed Gospel Choir of Mt. Rose Baptist Church will hold a special concert. All fans in attendance will receive a set of Thunderstix courtesy of Capital One.
On Sunday, the Flyers will pay tribute to the Hispanic heritage by hosting the first of two Flyers Fiesta Sunday events. Youth from Ballet Folklorico de Fort Worth, Inc. will perform prior to the game in the arena concourse. In addition, all fans in attendance will receive a commemorative dance team poster.
Doors to "The Hangar", as fans have dubbed the Flyer's home arena, will open at noon on Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Fans at both games will be entertained by performances by the FlyGirls and Big Shot, the team's high-flying mascot powered by Digicom. Kids can also enjoy free admission to the kids zone until the third quarter; the area includes interactive inflatables and various activities fun for kids of all ages.
All fans can take part in a postgame autograph session with select Flyers players and dance team members.
Free parking is available in Sundance Square and throughout downtown Fort Worth. Individual game tickets prices begin at $10, and fans can take advantage of a special buy one get one free ticket special for all 300-level seats; the promotion will be available for all games in January and February. Tickets can also be purchased online at ticketmaster.com or by calling (972) 647-5700.
Flyers flex book and group ticket packages are currently available. For ticket information, log on to fwflyers.com or call (817) 698-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 26, 2007
- Arsenal Use Late Comeback to Top T-Birds 103-98 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Buckman, Woods help keep Toros win streak alive - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa eases past Sioux Falls - Tulsa 66ers
- 14ers Defeat D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Trey backs Da Bull - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Big Shot Shows Support for Fellow Mascot Da Bull - Fort Worth Flyers
- Toros Mascot Garners Support - Austin Spurs
- Jazz Recall C.J. Miles From D-League - Idaho Stampede
- Flyers to Host Faith and Family Night/Scout Night and Flyers Fiesta Sunday - Fort Worth Flyers
- Routie Shows Support for Fellow Mascot, Da Bull - Tulsa 66ers
- Sonics Recall Sene from D-League - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Stampede rumble over Fort Worth - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Worth Flyers Stories
- Flyers Lose In 9th
- Flyers Sweep Twin Bill
- Flyers On the Road to Begin Playoffs
- Flyers Crush Skyforce in Regular Season Finale 116-99
- Skyforce Hold Off Flyers in 101-93 Victory