Big Shot Shows Support for Fellow Mascot Da Bull
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 26, 2007 - In a show of solidarity for a fellow mascot, Big Shot will perform an additional 50 hours of community service in the Fort Worth area during the remainder of the 2006-07 NBA Development League season.
Big Shot was already scheduled for dozens of hours of community service, along with the players, head coach Sidney Moncrief and assistant coach Paul Mokeski, but felt strongly that he should help serve part of the suspension served by Da Bull of the Austin Toros.
Da Bull made national news this week when he prematurely ran onto the court and hung from the rim before the conclusion of the Austin Toros' game against the Colorado 14ers at the Austin Convention center Wednesday. Da Bull's actions led to a technical foul and brought the 14ers within three points with .4 seconds remaining, enough time for a game-tying shot. Fortunately for the Toros -- and especially Da Bull -- Rick Rickert's shot missed and the Toros won 101-98.
Big Shot will also wear a black armband in support of Da Bull these next two games while Da Bull sits out.
Big Shot will begin serving his additional community service hours this afternoon with an appearance at the annual Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. Since his arrival in Fort Worth more than a year ago, Big Shot has participated in numerous community activities including making appearances at schools, recreation centers, youth basketball games and various community events throughout the area.
The Fort Worth Flyers take great pride in being part of the community, and the team considers it an honor, privilege and part of its civic responsibility to give back to the community and support the efforts of those individuals and organizations who work to make a positive difference.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 26, 2007
- Arsenal Use Late Comeback to Top T-Birds 103-98 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Buckman, Woods help keep Toros win streak alive - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa eases past Sioux Falls - Tulsa 66ers
- 14ers Defeat D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Trey backs Da Bull - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Big Shot Shows Support for Fellow Mascot Da Bull - Fort Worth Flyers
- Toros Mascot Garners Support - Austin Spurs
- Jazz Recall C.J. Miles From D-League - Idaho Stampede
- Flyers to Host Faith and Family Night/Scout Night and Flyers Fiesta Sunday - Fort Worth Flyers
- Routie Shows Support for Fellow Mascot, Da Bull - Tulsa 66ers
- Sonics Recall Sene from D-League - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Stampede rumble over Fort Worth - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Worth Flyers Stories
- Flyers Lose In 9th
- Flyers Sweep Twin Bill
- Flyers On the Road to Begin Playoffs
- Flyers Crush Skyforce in Regular Season Finale 116-99
- Skyforce Hold Off Flyers in 101-93 Victory