Trey backs Da Bull
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Jan. 26, 2007 - In a show of solidarity for a fellow mascot, Trey will perform an additional 50 hours of community service in Albuquerque during the remainder of the 2006-07 NBA Development League season.
Trey was already scheduled for dozens of hours of community service, along with the players and Coach Cooper, but felt strongly that he should help serve part of the suspension served by Da Bull of the Austin Toros.
Da Bull made national news this week when he prematurely ran onto the court and hung from the rim before the conclusion of the Austin Toros' game against the Colorado 14ers at the Austin Convention center Wednesday. Da Bull's actions led to a technical foul and brought the 14ers within three points with .4 seconds remaining, enough time for a game-tying shot. Fortunately for the Toros -- and especially Da Bull -- Rick Rickert's shot missed and the Toros won 101-98.
Trey will also wear a black armband in support of Da Bull these next two games, while Da Bull sits out.
Trey will next appear at the Georgia O'Keefe Elementary School on Tuesday, January 30th at 9:00pm to help celebrate the schools 100th school day of the year. Trey will also be at Albuquerque Academy on Valentines Day, February 14th, for the schools Hoops for Hears basketball tournament.
The NBA Development League includes the Albuquerque Thunderbirds (N.M.), Anaheim Arsenal (Calif.), Arkansas RimRockers (Little Rock), Austin Toros (Texas), Bakersfield Jam (Calif.), Colorado 14ers (Broomfield), Dakota Wizards (Bismarck, N.D.), Fort Worth Flyers (Texas), Idaho Stampede (Boise), Los Angeles D-Fenders (Calif.), Sioux Falls Skyforce (S.D.) and Tulsa 66ers (Okla.).
The D-League continues to develop talent from across all disciplines for the NBA's 30 teams and the entire NBA umbrella. Designed to help grow the sport of basketball both domestically and internationally, the D-League also offers fun, family entertainment at affordable prices. For additional information on the NBA Development League, visit D-LEAGUE.com.
For information on premium seating and general information about the Albuquerque Thunderbirds call (505) 265-DUNK or log on to www.abqtbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 26, 2007
- Arsenal Use Late Comeback to Top T-Birds 103-98 - Anaheim Arsenal
- Buckman, Woods help keep Toros win streak alive - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa eases past Sioux Falls - Tulsa 66ers
- 14ers Defeat D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Trey backs Da Bull - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Big Shot Shows Support for Fellow Mascot Da Bull - Fort Worth Flyers
- Toros Mascot Garners Support - Austin Spurs
- Jazz Recall C.J. Miles From D-League - Idaho Stampede
- Flyers to Host Faith and Family Night/Scout Night and Flyers Fiesta Sunday - Fort Worth Flyers
- Routie Shows Support for Fellow Mascot, Da Bull - Tulsa 66ers
- Sonics Recall Sene from D-League - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Stampede rumble over Fort Worth - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.