Anaheim Ducks Recall Comtois
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forward Max Comtois from the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Comtois, 20 (1/8/99), earned seven points (2-5=7) in 10 games with the Ducks last season. Selected by Anaheim in the second round (50th overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft, Comtois became the second rookie in franchise history to record at least one point in each of his first three career games (2-1=3), and the first Duck to score in his first two career NHL games from the start of a season (Oct. 3-6). Comtois' first NHL goal 49 seconds into the game was the fastest to start an NHL career since 1989.
A native of Longueuil, Quebec, Comtois made his 2019-20 season debut with San Diego Oct. 4 in Bakersfield, going scoreless. The 6-2, 207-pound forward has earned 1-0=1 points in 5 career AHL games with the Gulls.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 7, 2019
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 7 - Manitoba Moose
- Ebert Traded to the Rangers - Belleville Senators
- Red Wings Recall Biega, Kaski, Kuffner and Svechnikov - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Insider: Elvenes' Hot Start - Chicago Wolves
- Top 5 Games at CAA Arena - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Reassign Pascal Laberge to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Defenseman Conor Timmins Assigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 7-13 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Jose Barracuda Set to Debut Brand New Promotions During Its October 11th Home Opener - San Jose Barracuda
- Cal Petersen Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Ontario Reign
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Comtois - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario's Cal Petersen Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Don't Miss Bud Light Hog Talk at Skybox Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Abramov Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Felix Sandstrom Reassigned to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.