Amerks and Veterans Outreach Center Partner to Host Military Appreciation Night
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans and Veterans Outreach Center have once again partnered to host Military Appreciation Night on Friday, Nov. 9 when the Amerks face the Syracuse Crunch at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena.
"We are truly appreciative for great community partners like the Rochester Americans," said Laura Stradley, Executive Director for Veterans Outreach Center. "Veterans Outreach Center engages daily with soldiers, marines, sailors, airmen and coast guardsmen who have made great sacrifices in serving our nation. It is a testament to the Americans organization that they want to recognize those sacrifices and honor these courageous men and women by hosting an event like Military Appreciation Night. The entire staff and players alike take an interest in getting involved in our community and engage with both VOC and the veterans we serve directly. It is truly wonderful that the organization makes themselves so accessible."
"It is truly an honor for the Rochester Americans to once again partner with Veterans Outreach Center to host Military Appreciation Night," said Rob Minter, Vice President of Business Operations for the Amerks. "This is an event we take great pride in hosting each year as it gives us another opportunity to show our immense gratitude for the brave men and women in our community and in the U.S. Armed Forces who have served or are currently serving our country."
The team's Military Appreciation Night festivities feature the latest series of Mystery Pucks, where a limited number of Military-themed Amerks pucks, signed by various players, will be available for purchase for $10 in the Upper Concourse.
Members of the Blue Star Mothers will be on hand in the main concourse to collect donation items for care packages that will be sent to local U.S. military service members who are currently deployed overseas. The items, which can include such things as Q-tips, lip balm, toothpaste/brushes, dental floss, beef jerky, sugarless gum/candy, granola bars, shampoo/body wash (travel size), sunscreen, peanuts and popcorn, will be collected at the game and shipped by Blue Star Mothers ROC, which is part of a national organization whose mission is to support all members of the Armed Forces and their families through a variety of supportive events and activities. Blue Star Mothers have or have had sons and daughters serving honorably in the United States military.
The Amerks will again wear special Military-themed jerseys along with matching socks as a tribute to the U.S. Armed Forces. Fans will have the opportunity to purchase the jerseys through a silent auction held during the game on the upper concourse of The Blue Cross Arena. Following the game, the winners of the auction will be able to take the ice and be presented with a "jersey off the back" from the Amerks players. Proceeds from the jersey auction, as well as from the sale of special Military Appreciation Night Mystery Pucks, will be donated to Veterans Outreach Center.
The Amerks are offering all United States Military Veterans, Retired, Active Duty, Reserve and National Guard service members one complimentary ticket to the game with additional tickets available for as low as just $12. Tickets can be requested by visiting www.amerks.com/militarycomps. Military personnel, veterans and family members can also use the same link to submit photos that will be displayed on the video board during the game as part of the military tribute.
In addition, the team is offering a T-shirt and ticket package for just $30 that includes a one-of-a-kind "Military Appreciation" shirt and a best-available ticket while $2 from each package sold will be donated to Veterans Outreach Center. Those interested in taking advantage of this special offer can do so by visiting www.amerks.com/military or by calling 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
Veterans Outreach Center is again the season-long sponsor of the Amerks "Hometown Heroes" program, which provides complimentary tickets to a United States Military Veteran, Retired, Active Duty, Reserve and National Guard service member as well as any law enforcement officials, first responders, fire fighters and EMS personnel at every home game.
Individual game tickets for the 2018-19 season start at just $14. Amerks 2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and Chalk Talk with the Amerks coaching staff, your very own Season Ticket Member ID and Discount Card and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 31, 2018
- Sens Hang on for Narrow Win over Laval - Belleville Senators
- IceHogs Recall Forward Radovan Bondra from Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Treating All Military Members to Free Hockey - Rockford IceHogs
- 'Canes Recall Fleury from AHL - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Fight Cancer Ticket Packages on Sale Now - Tucson Roadrunners
- Pair Swap Places with Gulls and Ducks - San Diego Gulls
- Bears Announce Trio of Roster Moves - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch to Kick off Movember Presented by Upstate University Hospital November 2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Host Teddy Bear Toss on Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Assign Forward Troy Bourke to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Assign Shawn St. Amant to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Red Wings Recall Megan, Assign Hicketts - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kuhnhackl Loaned to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Powell Reassigned to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Sean Walker & Austin Wagner Assigned to Reign - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host Bakersfield on $1 Beer Night Tonight at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Husso Returned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Thunderbirds Sign F Braylon Shmyr to PTO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Grosenick Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Mitch Hults to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, October 31 - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Military Appreciation Night Is Saturday - Charlotte Checkers
- Amerks and Veterans Outreach Center Partner to Host Military Appreciation Night - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Face Season's First Three-In-Three this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Berdin Holds off Milwaukee in OT - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Fall to Moose in Overtime - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Sabres Acquire Draft Pick from Stars
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs
- Bailey, Simpson Each Score Twice in 5-2 Win over Monsters
- Former Bills Running Back Freddy Jackson to Appear at December 7 Amerks Home Game