Americans Score Three in the Third to Beat Rapid City
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), defeated the Rapid City Rush on Saturday evening 4-1, in the final game of a three-game series. The victory ended the Americans two-game losing streak.
The game was tied 1-1 headed to the third period. Allen outscored Rapid City 3-0 in the final frame with goals from Scott Conway (5), Les Lancaster (14) and Chad Butcher (3), to take the final game of the series.
The Americans had a season-high 46 shots on goal, outshooting Rapid City 46 to 22 for the game. Corey Mackin set a new season-high with nine shots on net. Seven of those shots came in the first 40 minutes of play.
"We played much better tonight," said Mackin. "We knew if we controlled the play, it was going to be tough to beat us. We kept the puck in their end most of the night. Their goalie played well and kept it close until the final period."
The Americans extended their power play goal streak to five straight games, going 1 for 2 on the man advantage.
Jake Paterson picked up the win between the pipes stopping 21 of the 22 shots he faced. Paterson has won five of his last six starts.
Spencer Asuchak's three-game scoring streak came to an end on Saturday. He finished the night a -1 with one shot on net.
The Americans return home this week for four games starting on Tuesday night against the Wichita Thunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 18, 2021
- Oilers Achieve Six-Game Point Streak with Gutsy 4-3 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Tulsa Holds off Wichita on Sunday Afternoon - Wichita Thunder
- Wheeling Nails It against Komets, 5-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cherniwchan's Late Game Strike Gives SC Dramatic Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Acquire Future Considerations from Fuel - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 18 - ECHL
- Fuel Acquire Schneider from Orlando - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, April 18, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, April 18 at 3 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Score Three in the Third to Beat Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Allen Avoids Sweep, Ends Rush Winning Streak at Four - Rapid City Rush
- Grizz Win 4-1 in Series Finale - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.