AirHogs Welcome Four New Players
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Grand Prairie AirHogs have added four new players to their roster in the last couple of days. The new additions include RHP Chris Allen, outfielder Jordan Marks, LHP Josh Renfro and infielder Ryan Pineda.
Chris Allen joins the AirHogs after appearing in two games for the Winnipeg Goldeyes earlier this season. Allen pitched in two games covering an inning and a third while giving up no runs. In 2012, Allen pitched for Winnipeg at the end of the season going 1-0 with a 5.79 ERA in 12 appearances. The RHP began 2012 with the Gary SouthShore RailCats in the American Association where he went 4-5 with a 3.32 ERA in 31 games. Allen played his college baseball at Florida International University in Miami, FL.
Jordan Marks is an infielder/outfielder who played for El Paso in the American Association last year batting .298 with one home run and 18 RBIs in 38 games. He finished the season by playing a handful of games for San Angelo and White Plains. Marks attended Louisiana College in Pineville, LA. as well as Louisiana State University in Alexandria, LA.
Pitcher Josh Renfro spent last season in the St. Louis Cardinals farm system. Renfro pitched last year for the Cards' Rookie League team in the Gulf Coast League going 0-1 with a 0.36 ERA in 20 appearances out of the bullpen. The lefty finished the season with Quad Cities in the Midwest League where he posted a 1-0 record with 0.00 ERA in two appearances. Renfro played college baseball at the College of Charleston in Charleston, SC.
Ryan Pineda is an infielder who was acquired by the AirHogs via a trade with Fargo-Moorhead for a player to be named later. Pineda batted .351 in 11 games for Fargo-Moorhead before the trade. He was in the Oakland A's farm system the last three years after being selected by the Athletics in the 28th round of the 2010 draft out of California State Northridge in Los Angeles, CA. Pineda began the 2012 season in Burlington before being promoted to Stockton where he batted .249 with four home runs and 28 RBIs in 71 games.
Check back at the team's official Web site www.airhogsbaseball.com for more news surrounding the AirHogs. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site as well, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 5, 2013
- Comeback win for the Sox earns another series win - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Pahuta Powers Birds Past Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sox Rally to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Win 5-4 on Game-Winner in Extras, Fall to Lincoln in Nightcap - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Early Hole Too Deep to Overcome - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Dogs Fall in 10, But Take Nightcap 2-1 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Pulfer Returns, Babineau Sent to Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Blanked By Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Afternoon Roundup - June 5, 2013 - AA
- Perez Homer for T-Bones Halts Pitching Duel - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Announce Upcoming Promotions - St. Paul Saints
- Railcats Preview Homestand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Riding Solo (Homers) With Franchise Tying Record Six, Lose 11-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Get Swept in Double Dip - Laredo Lemurs
- T-Bones Sign Former Padres Farmhand Gonzalez - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Results - AA
- Diablos lose second straight game to Wingnuts, 8-1 - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs Sweep Doubleheader from Laredo 6-2, 5-3 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Explorers Snap Three-Game Losing Streak with 2-1 Win - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Sweep Lemurs in Doubleheader - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs Welcome Four New Players - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Error-Prone Goldeyes Fall in Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds' Bullpen Shuts Down Winnipeg to Even Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Capra and Offense Set Early Tone Again - Wichita Wingnuts
- Winning streak comes to an end at home - Amarillo ThunderHeads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs