AirHogs Sweep Doubleheader from Laredo 6-2, 5-3
Grand Prairie, TX. -The Grand Prairie AirHogs found that scoring runs early would lead to success on Tuesday night as they swept the Laredo Lemurs in a doubleheader, 6-2 and 5-3, at QuikTrip Park. The AirHogs only needed the first three innings in both games to do all their damage. In the opener all six runs were scored in the first inning. After picking up a run via a walk, Kenny Held drove in two with a single. The next batter up was Angel Flores who connected for a three-run homer. That was all the production the AirHogs needed as the Lemurs only scored two runs.
Starting on the mound for the AirHogs in Game 1 was Josh Strawn who improved to 2-1 on the season. He went six innings striking out five and only giving up two runs. Reliever Chris Allen came in to pitch the final inning. He gave up no runs on one hit in his AirHogs' debut.
In Game 2, Brian Myrow doubled in two runs and later scored in the third inning. Ryan Pineda, who just joined the team yesterday, went 1-for-3 but his hit was a big one as he doubled and drove in a run.
With his first start of the season Derrick Miramontes went four innings and gave up two runs in Game 2. He struck out two and gave up three hits. Getting the win for the AirHogs was Marshall Schuler who went one and one-third of an inning. He rang up three batters and only gave up one hit. Patrick Mincey picked up the save pitching the final inning.
The AirHogs and Lemurs play Game 4 of the five-game series Wednesday night at QuikTrip Park beginning at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 5, 2013
- Comeback win for the Sox earns another series win - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Pahuta Powers Birds Past Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sox Rally to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Win 5-4 on Game-Winner in Extras, Fall to Lincoln in Nightcap - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Early Hole Too Deep to Overcome - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Dogs Fall in 10, But Take Nightcap 2-1 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Pulfer Returns, Babineau Sent to Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Blanked By Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Afternoon Roundup - June 5, 2013 - AA
- Perez Homer for T-Bones Halts Pitching Duel - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Announce Upcoming Promotions - St. Paul Saints
- Railcats Preview Homestand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Riding Solo (Homers) With Franchise Tying Record Six, Lose 11-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Get Swept in Double Dip - Laredo Lemurs
- T-Bones Sign Former Padres Farmhand Gonzalez - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Results - AA
- Diablos lose second straight game to Wingnuts, 8-1 - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs Sweep Doubleheader from Laredo 6-2, 5-3 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Explorers Snap Three-Game Losing Streak with 2-1 Win - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Sweep Lemurs in Doubleheader - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs Welcome Four New Players - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Error-Prone Goldeyes Fall in Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds' Bullpen Shuts Down Winnipeg to Even Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Capra and Offense Set Early Tone Again - Wichita Wingnuts
- Winning streak comes to an end at home - Amarillo ThunderHeads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs