AirHogs Sweep Lemurs in Doubleheader
Grand Prairie- The AirHogs found that scoring runs early would lead to success sweeping the Laredo Lemurs in a doubleheader 6-2 and 5-3 on Tuesday evening at QuikTrip Park. The AirHogs only seemed to need the first three innings in both games, scoring all of their runs early on in Game 1 and Game 2. In the opener all six runs were scored in the first inning. After walking in the first run Kenny Held drove in two with a single. The next batter up was Angel Flores who connected for a three-run home run. This was all the production the AirHogs needed as the Lemurs only scored two runs.
Starting on the mound for the AirHogs in Game 1 was Josh Strawn who is now 2-1 on the season. He went six of the seven innings striking out five and only giving up the two runs to the Lemurs. Reliever Chris Allen came in to pitch the final inning. He gave up one hit and struck out one. He finished the game with no runs given up.
In Game 2 Brian Myrow doubled to drive in two runs and would later score in the third inning himself. Ryan Pineda, who just joined the team yesterday, went 1-for-3 but his hit was a big one as he doubled and drove one in. Defensively Frazier Hall made the final out of the game on a bouncing groundball, that if it got past him would have tied up the ballgame.
With his first start of the season Derrick Miramontes went four innings and gave up two runs. He struck out two and gave up three hits. Getting the win for the AirHogs was Marshall Schuler who went one and one-third of an inning. He rang up three batters and only had one hit against him. David Quinowski also registered a perfect two-thirds of an inning and Patrick Mincey picked up the save pitching the final inning.
Game four of the five-game series between the Lemurs and AirHogs is slated for tomorrow evening at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 5, 2013
- Comeback win for the Sox earns another series win - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Pahuta Powers Birds Past Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sox Rally to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RedHawks Win 5-4 on Game-Winner in Extras, Fall to Lincoln in Nightcap - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Early Hole Too Deep to Overcome - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Dogs Fall in 10, But Take Nightcap 2-1 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Pulfer Returns, Babineau Sent to Disabled List - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Blanked By Kansas City - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Afternoon Roundup - June 5, 2013 - AA
- Perez Homer for T-Bones Halts Pitching Duel - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Announce Upcoming Promotions - St. Paul Saints
- Railcats Preview Homestand - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Riding Solo (Homers) With Franchise Tying Record Six, Lose 11-8 - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Get Swept in Double Dip - Laredo Lemurs
- T-Bones Sign Former Padres Farmhand Gonzalez - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Results - AA
- Diablos lose second straight game to Wingnuts, 8-1 - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs Sweep Doubleheader from Laredo 6-2, 5-3 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Explorers Snap Three-Game Losing Streak with 2-1 Win - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Sweep Lemurs in Doubleheader - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs Welcome Four New Players - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Error-Prone Goldeyes Fall in Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds' Bullpen Shuts Down Winnipeg to Even Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Capra and Offense Set Early Tone Again - Wichita Wingnuts
- Winning streak comes to an end at home - Amarillo ThunderHeads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs