AirHogs Can't Comeback Against Explorers
Sioux City- The AirHogs found themselves down four and were able to cut it down to one but could get no closer, and fell to the Explorers 9-8 Sunday night at Lewis and Clark Park. The AirHogs managed to score two in the top of the ninth but couldn't get that third run across to tie it up. At the plate Brian Myrow went 2-for-3 on the night and scored one run. Myrow also drove in a run. Kenny Held went 2-for-4, scoring a run, and driving in two. Angel Flores also went 2-for-4. He came across the plate for the AirHogs.
It was a short outing for Jake Cowan Sunday night as he only went an inning and a third. He gave up five runs with four being earned. Cowan received the loss for the AirHogs on Sunday. Jared Mortensen had to come in for four innings of work and gave up four runs. Mortensen did manage to strike out four Explorers. Derrick Miramontes pitched an inning and two-thirds, and David Quinowski closed the game. Quinowski only gave up one hit and struck out two.
The AirHogs will travel to Kansas City to play a three-game set against the T-Bones. The first game starts Monday night at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 17, 2013
- Lincoln Hands Explorers 10-2 Loss - Sioux City Explorers
- Canaries Lose Series Opener in Laredo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- McKiernan Money, Offense Relentless in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Cage Canaries - Laredo Lemurs
- Kansas City Drops Late Lead to AirHogs in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Recaps - AA
- RedHawks Open Inter-League Trip with 8-0 Win over Trois-Rivieres Aigles - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Goldeyes Drill Saints to Open Road Trip - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Sox stay on the winning path - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Link Delivers Complete Game Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Cole Nelson Leaves Mid-Game After Having Contract Purchased by Braves, Saints Lose 11-3 - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Drop Series Opener 8-2 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Big League Bat Returns to Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Home Tonight Thru Wednesday - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints Sign RHP Dylan Thomas - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs' Righty Bisenius Signed by Atlanta Braves - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 17th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Preview Homestand - Laredo Lemurs
- Wingnuts' Amberson Tabbed as Batter of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- Complete Game Shutout Earns Cole Nelson Pointstreak American Association Pitcher of the Week - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Announce Upcoming Promotions - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Take Final Game Of Series Against Grand Prairie - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs Can't Comeback Against Explorers - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- El Paso Heats Up Against Laredo - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs