Ahart Hits 3rd Home Run in Two Days in Loss
FARGO, ND - Devan Ahart blasted his third home run in two games, but three two-run innings in the third, fourth, and fifth from Lincoln lead to an 11-4 win over the RedHawks in front of 2,173 fans at Newman Outdoor Field on Sunday afternoon. The RedHawks had already clinched the series win with victories in the first two games, but Lincoln was able to escape the series without being swept with today's win.
Fargo-Moorhead opened the scoring with runs in the first and second inning, but Lincoln answered back with two-run home runs by Angel Reyes and Brandon Jacobs in the third and fourth inning, respectively, and two more runs in the fifth to take a 6-2 lead.
Ahart's home run in the seventh inning got the RedHawks back within four after the Saltdogs plated a run in the top half of the inning. But Lincoln piled on two more in the ninth to take a 9-3 lead into the bottom of the final inning. Fargo-Moorhead was able to get one across in the ninth thanks to an error by the Saltdogs' third baseman, but it wasn't enough as the RedHawks fell 9-4.
Former RedHawks pitcher, Tyler Herron got the win for the Saltdogs. He pitched 6.2 innings for Lincoln while giving up three runs and eight hits and struck out two and walked two. Herron is 2-1 in his first year with Lincoln after playing in the previous four seasons with the RedHawks.
Trey McNutt was credited with the loss after giving up six runs in five innings of work for the RedHawks in his second start of the season. McNutt struck out eight and walked two to move to 0-1 for the season.
The RedHawks will begin a three-game series with division rivals Sioux Falls Canaries tomorrow night at Newman Outdoor Field. First pitch is scheduled for 6:00PM and can be heard live on 740thefan.com and fmredhawks.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 27, 2018
- Win Streak Ends as X's Fall to Railroaders - Sioux City Explorers
- Game Recaps (Part 2) - AA
- Railroaders Slug Season-High 15 Hits, Win 9-6 - Cleburne Railroaders
- 'Cats Claim First Series of Season with 3-2 Win over Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Close out Homestand with 3-2 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- First Family Sunday Crowd Sees Dogs Nearly Complete Comeback - Chicago Dogs
- AirHogs Swept in Wichita, Open Long Homestand Tomorrow - Texas AirHogs
- T-Bones Sweep in the Windy City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Three Homers Propel Saltdogs to Series Finale Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Ahart Hits 3rd Home Run in Two Days in Loss - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Goldeyes Add Hard-Throwing Lefty - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late Rally, Strong Pitching Lift Goldeyes in Rubber Game - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Game Recaps - AA
- Osburn Sparkles in Debut as Wingnuts Sweep - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- American Association Designated as a Partner League of MLB
- Rau Named American Association Executive of the Year
- RedHawks Drew Ward Named to 2020 All-Star Team
- Pina Blasts Two Home Runs in RedHawks in Series Win
- Canaries Snap RedHawks' Winning Streak in Extra Innings