Game Recaps (Part 2)
May 27, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Gary SouthShore 3, St. Paul 2- Box Score
Gary SouthShore won a tight game against the St. Paul Saints by a score 3-2 on Sunday.
The contest was scoreless until the top of the fourth when the Railcats broke through with a solo home run by Colin Willis and an RBI single by D.K. Carey to take a 2-0 lead. The Saints scored their first run in the fifth when Dante Bichette Jr. was driven in by a Richard Prigatano single. Gary SouthShore scored what would prove to be the go-ahead run in the next frame on a one out solo home run by Wilfredo Giminez.
Daniel Minor was awarded the win, giving up just one earned on five hits while striking out three and walking one in five innings.
Gabe Perez was awarded the save.
Cleburne 9, Sioux City 6- Box Score
The Cleburne Railroaders offense exploded, scoring nine runs in the games first four innings to defeat the Sioux City Explorers 9-6 on Sunday.
It didn't take long for the Railroaders to get rolling, scoring five in the top of the first. Cleburne started the game with four straight singles to take a 2-0 lead before recording an out. The railroaders followed by plating two on a double by Cameron Monger, who scored on a single by Michael Pair in the next at bat.
Patrick Palmeiro scored the game's go ahead runs in the next inning with a two-run home run. Blake Gran-Parks hit a solo shot in the third and Cameron Monger hit another RBI double in the fourth to bring the Railroaders to nine.
Nate Samson went 3-4 with a HR and 4 RBIs for the Explorers.
Dylan Mouzakes was awarded the win, giving up six earned in seven innings of work.
Cortland Cox was awarded the save.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 27, 2018
- Win Streak Ends as X's Fall to Railroaders - Sioux City Explorers
- Game Recaps (Part 2) - AA
- Railroaders Slug Season-High 15 Hits, Win 9-6 - Cleburne Railroaders
- 'Cats Claim First Series of Season with 3-2 Win over Saints - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Close out Homestand with 3-2 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- First Family Sunday Crowd Sees Dogs Nearly Complete Comeback - Chicago Dogs
- AirHogs Swept in Wichita, Open Long Homestand Tomorrow - Texas AirHogs
- T-Bones Sweep in the Windy City - Kansas City T-Bones
- Three Homers Propel Saltdogs to Series Finale Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Ahart Hits 3rd Home Run in Two Days in Loss - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Goldeyes Add Hard-Throwing Lefty - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late Rally, Strong Pitching Lift Goldeyes in Rubber Game - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Game Recaps - AA
- Osburn Sparkles in Debut as Wingnuts Sweep - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.