Admirals Earn Point in OT Loss
Milwaukee, WI - Tyler Gaudet's goal with just 19 seconds left in the third period tied the game and helped the Admirals earn a point as the dropped a 3-2 overtime decision to the Chicago Wolves on Saturday afternoon at Panther Arena.
Gaudet's goal came with the Admirals down by one and with an empty net and under 30 seconds to play in the game. Matt Donovan held the puck on the left circle and fired a shot that deflected off of Colin Blackwell, then across the ice and over to Gaudet, who fired a wrister past a diving Oscar Dansk to knot the score at two.
However, at 1:28 of OT Brooks Macek won it for the Wolves courtesy of a shot from between the wheels that made it by a screened Tom McCollum.
The loss was the fifth straight for the Admirals, three of which came in OT that all ended in 3-2 decisions.
The game was scoreless until the 6:31 mark of the second period then Chicago's TJ Tynan found a loose puck lying just out of the outstretched stick of McCollum and Tynan chipped the puck into the back of the net.
The Admirals tied the score at 6:42 of the second on Cole Schneider's second of the season with Milwaukee. With Schneider stationed in front of the Chicago net, Adam Helewka sent a wrister that was going wide but Schneider reached out with his stick and deflected it by Dansk to level the score.
However, just 38 seconds later the Wolves took advantage of fluky play to grab the lead at 2-1. The Wolves attempted a crossing pass that was deflected high in the air and then bounced off a high Admirals stick across the crease and over to Daniel Carr, who barely got a stick on the puck and it just trickled by McCollum into the Ads net.
The Admirals have one game left in their franchise record-tying nine-game homestand as they play host to the San Antonio Rampage on Monday night at 7 pm in a game that was originally schedule for Tuesday night.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Moose Score Comeback Win over Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Stockton Turns on Heat in 6-2 Win over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Acquisitions Erupt and Russo Nets Two in Roadrunners' 5-3 Win over Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Rally for 6-2 Win over Colorado - Stockton Heat
- No Rust on Rybar as Griffins Win 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Downed by Griffins, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Lehtera Scores in Lehigh Valley Debut - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Fall in Overtime After Late Wild Comeback - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Point Streak Halted in 5-2 Loss to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Bridgeport rallies with four unanswered goals in rematch on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pack Finally Ends Skid at Lehigh Valley - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Rally Late, Win in Shootout over Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- Batherson Scores Hat-Trick in Win over Laval - Belleville Senators
- Manitoba Turnaround Stings Stars 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Tangradi, Devils Stun Monsters Late, 3-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Checkers Escape with Point But Fall in Shootout - Charlotte Checkers
- Sound Tigers Snap P-Bruins 12-Game Point Streak - Providence Bruins
- Monsters Clipped by Devils in Front of 16,673 Fans at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Boucher, MacEwen Power Comets to 5-2 Win over Amerks - Utica Comets
- Marlies Outlast T-Birds Saturday in Toronto - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Earn Point in OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Nickelodeon Night Featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set for March 9 - San Jose Barracuda
- Flames Assign Rinat Valiev to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Byron Froese and David Schlemko Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Host Thunderbirds for Star Wars Night - Toronto Marlies
- Game #44 Preview: Tucson at Rockford - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stockton Looks to Rebound Saturday against Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Archibald Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers Recall D Philippe Myers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Boyle - San Diego Gulls
- 'Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Sign Forward Greg Wolfe to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Blues Recall Chris Butler from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 9 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Reign Falls Short of San Diego Sweep - Ontario Reign
- Hogs Jump to Fourth with Sixth Straight Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Eakins Reaches 300 AHL Wins in Gulls' Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Win 11th Straight, 3-1 over San Jose - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Outlasted by Red-Hot Condors, 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Completes Comeback in 5-4 Victory against San Antonio - Iowa Wild
- Olofsson Nets Hat Trick in 7-1 Rout of Springfield - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.