11-Run Seventh Carries Senators
The Senators exploded for 11 runs in the seventh inning to rally past Altoona 14-7 Saturday night at FNB Field. The 11 runs equaled a franchise record for most runs in an inning. The 11-run inning was capped on a grand slam by Andrew Stevenson. Altoona led 5-1 at one point in the game before the Senators came back. Six Senators combined for their 13 hits and five different Senators scored at least two runs.
On Capitol Hill
Tyler Mapes started and went 4.1 innings allowing six hits and four earned runs. Three of the five runs he allowed came with two outs.
Jordan Mills went two-thirds of an inning, inheriting the bases loaded and stranding two of the three runners.
Bryan Bonnell pitched two solid innings to earn the win, his third on the season.
Greg Holland pitched a perfect eighth inning with two strikeouts.
Aaron Barrett allowed a couple of runs in the ninth.
With the Gavel
Andrew Stevenson had two hits including a grand slam and drove in four runs.
Adrian Sanchez went 3-for-5 with a double, two RBIs and three runs scored.
Luis Garcia went 2-for-4 with a home run, his fourth on the season.
Michael A. Taylor had three hits including a double and drove in three runs.
Nick Banks had two hits, an RBI and a run scored.
- Harrisburg wins the season series with Altoona by virtue of their win Saturday night. They lead the series 11-7 with two games to play.
- The grand slam by Stevenson was the fifth this season for Harrisburg.
- The 11 runs that scored in the seventh inning was the fourth time in franchise history the Sens have scored 11 runs in one inning.
The Senators play game three of their season ending four-game series against the Altoona Curve at FNB Field Sunday at 1 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 12:53 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Squirrels Win in Extras, 3-2 - Bowie Baysox
- SeaWolves Down Ducks and Stay Alive in the West - Erie SeaWolves
- Thunder Tie Series with 2-0 Shutout - Reading Fightin Phils
- Morgan Can't Lift RubberDucks out of Rut - Akron RubberDucks
- Yajure, Bullpen Blank Fightin Phils - Trenton Thunder
- Yard Goats Drop Road Contest in Binghamton - Hartford Yard Goats
- Squirrels Beat Baysox Behind Bart's Walk-Off Double - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 11-Run Seventh Carries Senators - Harrisburg Senators
- Harrisburg Scores 11 in Seventh to Beat Curve - Altoona Curve
- Lee Dominates as Ponies Defeat Goats Again - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Mata Fans a Career-High 9 as 'Dogs Beat 'Cats 2-0 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 31st vs. New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #138: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (30-42, 65-72) vs. Hartford Yard Goats (35-34, 72-64) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Fight Back to Earn 5-3 Win - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12