Fwd: Anaheim Ducks Sign Troy Bodie, Ryan Parent and Jay Rosehill to One-Year ContractsJanuary 16, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals Press Release
Bodie, 27 (1/25/85), has scored 2-7=9 points with a +4 rating and 72 penalty minutes (PIM) in 34 games this season with Norfolk, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). Among team leaders, Bodie ranks third in plus/minus and second in PIM. The 6-4, 213-pound winger appeared in a career-high 59 NHL contests with Anaheim and Carolina in 2010-11, scoring 1-3=4 points with 61 PIM. In 107 career NHL games, Bodie has collected 6-5=11 points with 141 PIM.
Selected by Edmonton in the ninth round (278th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Bodie was originally signed by Anaheim as a free agent on July 22, 2008. Bodie began the 2010-11 season with the Ducks before being claimed off waivers by the Hurricanes on Nov. 16, 2010. He has appeared in 288 career AHL contests, notching 39-41=80 points with 489 PIM. The Portage la Prairie, Manitoba native advanced to three consecutive Memorial Cup tournaments from 2003-05 with the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League (WHL), winning the championship with the club in 2004.
Parent, 25 (3/17/87), has scored 0-2=2 points with 24 PIM in 27 contests with Norfolk this season. The 6-3, 198-pound blueliner is a veteran of 106 NHL contests, earning 1-6=7 points with 36 PIM. He appeared in his 100th NHL game on Apr. 6, 2010 with Philadelphia at Toronto in a 2-0 shutout over the Maple Leafs. A native of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Parent scored his first NHL goal on Mar. 10, 2010 with the Flyers. Parent appeared in 17 contests with the Flyers en route to their Stanley Cup Final appearance in 2010 vs. Chicago. He scored his first postseason goal in Game 1 of the Conference Semifinals at Boston on May 1, 2010 (5-4 OT Boston win).
Selected by Nashville in the first round (18th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Parent was a member of Team Canada's gold medal-winning squads at both the 2006 and 2007 IIHF World Junior Championships. He is a veteran of 162 career AHL contests, scoring 4-16=20 points with 175 PIM. Parent was most recently acquired by Vancouver from Nashville with Jonas Andersson in exchange for Shane O'Brien and Dan Gendur on Oct. 5, 2010.
Rosehill, 27 (7/16/85), has appeared in 24 contests for Norfolk in 2012-13, scoring 1-3=4 points with 71 PIM. He scored his first goal of the season on Oct. 19 vs. Connecticut in a 5-4 Admirals overtime win at Norfolk Scope Arena. Rosehill split the previous season in Toronto with both the Maple Leafs and Marlies (AHL) in 2011-12. With the Maple Leafs, the 6-3, 215-pound winger appeared in 31 NHL contests, going scoreless with 60 PIM.
Selected by Tampa Bay in the seventh round (227th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Rosehill has scored 2-3=5 points in 72 career NHL contests. He made his NHL debut with Toronto on Oct. 1, 2009 vs. Montreal and scored his first career goal just two games later on Oct. 10, 2009 in a 5-2 defeat vs. Pittsburgh. Rosehill is also a veteran of 351 career AHL contests, notching 20-31=51 points with 999 PIM. He was signed as a free agent by Toronto on July 6, 2009.
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2013
- Shorthanded Stars Lose to Chicago 4-1 - Texas Stars
- Climie and Sterling's Milestones Help Wolves Earn Fourth Straight Win - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Acquire Forward Brandon Mashinter in Exchange for Tommy Grant - Connecticut Whale
- Potulny Scores Shootout Winner to Help Bears Past Sharks - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Shut out in Charlotte - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Win Streak Hits Six Games - Charlotte Checkers
- B-Sens Down Amerks, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Tarasov Scores First AHL Goal in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Worcester Sharks
- Sharks Acquire Forward Tommy Grant and a Conditional Seventh Round Selection - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Two-Game Win Streak Snapped in 5-1 Loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Fwd: Anaheim Ducks Sign Troy Bodie, Ryan Parent and Jay Rosehill to One-Year Contracts - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Welcome the Soup Nazi January 23 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Four Admirals Return to Norfolk from Anaheim - Norfolk Admirals
- Barons Giving Away the Farm this Weekend...Literally - Oklahoma City Barons
- Tye McGinn Returns to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Recall Alex Hutchings from Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Recall from Loan John McFarland and Brian O'Hanley - San Antonio Rampage
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Unlock Blackhawks Opening Night Tickets on Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Florida Panthers Recall Defenseman Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Revise Television Schedule, Add Two More Road Broadcasts - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Release Four Players from PTOs, Return Hegarty to Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Anaheim Assigns Letourneau-Leblond; Recalls Andersen - Norfolk Admirals
- IceHogs Sign McArdle to PTO - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Jets Claim Anthony Peluso off Waivers - St. John's IceCaps
- Texas Stars Add Two Forwards to Roster - Texas Stars
- Jets Agree to Terms with Jason Jaffray - St. John's IceCaps
- Griffins Sit First Nearing Season's Midway Point - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Rivalry Month - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sceviour, Oleksiak Recalled by Dallas - Texas Stars
- Matczak's Career Night Leads Heat to 3-1 Win - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Beat Bulldogs 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.