Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood DriveJanuary 10, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Cincinnati Cyclones
All donors will receive two (2) ticket vouchers for a future Cyclones game, a Cyclones Blood Drive t-shirt, a Donatos Pizza coupon, and a tour of the Cyclones Locker Room.
"We encourage all Cyclones fans to join us at U.S. Bank Arena and give the Gift of Life through blood donation," said Cyclones Head Coach Jarrod Skalde. "We know that our fans are always helpful, caring and responsive and they will step up to meet the needs of patients in our community."
Visit Hoxworth online at www.hoxworth.org/groups/cyclones for more information or to schedule an appointment at this life-saving event. Fans may also schedule their donation by calling Hoxworth's Appointment Center at (513) 451-0910. Appointments to donate blood are strongly recommended, however, walk-ins are also available.
Donating blood is safe and easy. Donors must be at least 17 years old (16 with a signed parental consent) and in good health. Individuals must weigh at least 110 pounds and bring identification to donate. It is recommended that donors eat a good meal and drink plenty of water within four hours before donating.
Hoxworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati was founded in 1938 and proudly serves 31 hospitals in 17 counties in Southwestern Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana. Annually, Hoxworth collects over 90,000 units of blood from local donors to help save the lives of patients in our area hospitals. At least 350 volunteer blood donors and 40 volunteer platelet donors are essential each day to keep up with the demands of tri-state hospitals and their patients.
The Cyclones will return to the ice at U.S. Bank Arena this FRIDAY when they play their only home game of the weekend against the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:30pm! The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a FREE Cyclones Winter Hat courtesy of Sport Clips. Call 513.421.PUCK or visit CyclonesHockey.com to reserve your seats! Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the season on Facebook and Twitter (@CincyCyclones).
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2013
- Reign Announce Fire on Ice V Doubleheader to Benefit the Ontario USO - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Search for Points in Five Straight, Taking on Idaho Tonight - San Francisco Bulls
- Three More Players Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Taylor Aronson Recalled to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Acquire Zach Cohen from Condors - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Announce Player Moves; Maggio Heads for Bridgeport - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Defenseman Mark Mitera - Reading Royals
- Forward A.J. Jenks Recalled to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roller Derby and Bridal Show Highlight Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Sign Brandon Blandina - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho Adds Forward to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Partner with Hoxworth Blood Center for Fifth Annual Blood Drive - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Today - January 10 - ECHL
- Aces Pull off Incredible Comeback in 4-3 Shootout Win - Alaska Aces
- Reign Drop 3-Goal Lead in Shootout Loss to Alaska - Ontario Reign
- Forney's hat trick leads Colorado, Green nets first ECHL goal - Stockton Thunder
- Balanced Attack, Forney's Hat Trick Lead Eagles Past Thunder, 8-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.