P-Bruins Announce Roster MovesJanuary 9, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Providence Bruins
Courtnall was recalled from loan to South Carolina on November 23 and skated in one game for the Bruins. Since returning to South Carolina, the forward has skated in 13 games, and has totaled four points (2g, 2a) and 36 penalty minutes in 18 games this season. A native of Victoria, BC, Courtnall spent the last three years at Boston University. As an assistant captain in 2011-12, Courtnall recorded a collegiate-high seven points on four goals and three assists. The 6'3", 210-pound forward is the son of former Bruins forward Geoff Courtnall, and the nephew of Russ Courtnall, veterans of 17 and 16 year NHL careers respectively.
Originally drafted by Tampa Bay in the seventh day of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the 23-year-old finished his collegiate career with 13 points and 104 penalty minutes.
A native of Burnaby, British Columbia, McNeely has played 38 games with South Carolina this season. The forward leads the Stingrays with 34 points, including a team-high 25 assists. McNeely spent 2010-11 with Bridgeport (AHL) and registered 32 points on 76 games. Prior to turning pro, the 5'10", 175-pound forward spent four years at Northeastern University, where he tallied 105 points (44g, 61a) in 142 games and captained the squad as a junior and senior.
Baier, a native of North Kingstown, Rhode Island, has skated in 34 games for the Trenton Titans (ECHL) this season, putting up six points and 10 penalty minutes. Prior to turning pro in 2010-11, Baier spent four years on the blue line at Providence College where he tallied 32 points on nine goals and 23 assists in 127 games. As a senior in 2010-11, he led all defensemen with 12 points (5g, 7a). He made his professional debut on March 6, 2011 with the Reading Royals (ECHL). He has since played with the Portland Pirates, Rockford IceHogs, Albany Devils and Trenton. In his first full professional season in 2011-12, Baier tallied a career-high 17 points and finished second among Titans defensemen.
The Providence Bruins will return to the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Friday, January 11 versus the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. for Rally Towel Night with the first 2,000 fans receiving a free rally towel courtesy of Cool Air Creations, Elite Auto Repair and Dr. Day Care.
Providence Bruins ticket packages are on sale now for the 2012-13 season. To purchase tickets of for more information, call the P-Bruins ticket office at 401-273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com .
American Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2013
- Sheahan's Two Goals Push Griffins Past IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Fall to Crunch in First Home Game of 2013 - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall Short against Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens Defeat Pens, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Best Amerks 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden & Petiot to PTO's - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Weekly (week 14) - Texas Rides Three-Game Win Streak To Open 2013 - Texas Stars
- Falcons Announce Partnership With Link To Libraries - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Sign Shayne Wiebe to AHL Contract - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden and Petiot to PTOs - St. John's IceCaps
- P-Bruins Announce Roster Moves - Providence Bruins
- Houston Aeros Sign NHL Veteran Defenseman Paul Mara - Houston Aeros
- Regan Smith To Headline Race Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Announce Details of Tully's Good Times Air Hockey Tournament - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Sign LoVerde - Manchester Monarchs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Worcester Signs Patrick Rissmiller and Michael Wilson - Worcester Sharks
- Hogs Host Griffs at BMO Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Combs and Costello Agree to Terms on AHL Deals - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Announce Details of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite Celebrity Bartending Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Cooper, Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Coaching Staff - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen Take You Can Play Pledge - Peoria Rivermen
- Marlies Sign Syvret to PTO - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse Head Coach Jon Cooper Selected to Join 2013 AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staff - Syracuse Crunch
- Jon Cooper, Jeff Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staffs - AHL
- IceCaps to Host Home Depot 'On the Bench' Hockey Clinic - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Weekly - Thanks Brayden and Sean - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.