Hogs Host Griffs at BMO Tonight
Rockford, Ill. - Looking to bounce back and cease a couple of losing streaks, the Rockford IceHogs host the Grand Rapids Griffins for the first time on the campaign at the BMO Harris Bank Center tonight beginning at 7:05 p.m.
Tonight is also a WXRX Dollar Day, where fans can purchase soft drinks, hot dogs, beers and companion tickets for just a dollar each.
For tickets to the game, call (815) 968-5222, purchase online through IceHogs.com, at any Ticketmaster outlet or by visiting the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office.
Tonight's contest can be viewed on 23.2 Antenna TV, Comcast Cable channel 436, Charter-970, Mediacom-101 or online through AHLlive.com.
Rockford comes into tonight's tilt on a three game slide, dropping a trio of matchups last week to Grand Rapids, Hamilton and Toronto. The Hogs have also had some difficulties with Grand Rapids this season, falling in three straight contests as well to the Griffins, despite a 6-5 overtime victory in the first meeting on Oct. 27.
IceHogs forward Jimmy Hayes has led the charge for Rockford skaters against Grand Rapids thus far on the campaign. The third-year pro has tallied a pair of goals and added three assists in the first four games against the Griffins.
The two squads will meet three more times this season, all at the BMO Harris Bank Center, including a rematch on Friday and a tilt next weekend on Jan. 19 as well.
Next Home Game: Friday, Jan. 11 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins. A puck drop slated for 7:05 p.m., the IceHogs and Griffins rematch at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Rockford and Grand Rapids will meet three times in 11 days, all in Rockford. The IceHogs will also welcome their two millionth fan to the game with the Ultimate IceHogs Fan Package, including season tickets for the next two seasons.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2013
- Sheahan's Two Goals Push Griffins Past IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Fall to Crunch in First Home Game of 2013 - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall Short against Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens Defeat Pens, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Best Amerks 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden & Petiot to PTO's - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Weekly (week 14) - Texas Rides Three-Game Win Streak To Open 2013 - Texas Stars
- Falcons Announce Partnership With Link To Libraries - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Sign Shayne Wiebe to AHL Contract - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden and Petiot to PTOs - St. John's IceCaps
- P-Bruins Announce Roster Moves - Providence Bruins
- Houston Aeros Sign NHL Veteran Defenseman Paul Mara - Houston Aeros
- Regan Smith To Headline Race Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Announce Details of Tully's Good Times Air Hockey Tournament - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Sign LoVerde - Manchester Monarchs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Worcester Signs Patrick Rissmiller and Michael Wilson - Worcester Sharks
- Hogs Host Griffs at BMO Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Combs and Costello Agree to Terms on AHL Deals - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Announce Details of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite Celebrity Bartending Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Cooper, Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Coaching Staff - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen Take You Can Play Pledge - Peoria Rivermen
- Marlies Sign Syvret to PTO - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse Head Coach Jon Cooper Selected to Join 2013 AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staff - Syracuse Crunch
- Jon Cooper, Jeff Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staffs - AHL
- IceCaps to Host Home Depot 'On the Bench' Hockey Clinic - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Weekly - Thanks Brayden and Sean - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Blackhawks Agree to Extension with Hogs Team MVP Nilsson
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards
- Rockford Eliminated from Playoff Push with Shutout in Iowa