IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden and Petiot to PTOs
The St. John's IceCaps announced today they have recalled goaltender Chris Carrozzi from the Ontario Reign and have signed forward Josh Lunden and defenceman Richard Petiot to professional tryout contracts.
Carrozzi, 22, has played in 19 games with the Ontario Reign of the ECHL so far this season. In that time, the Nepean, ON native has posted a 13-6-0 record, 2.83 goals against average and 0.885 save percentage. Carrozzi has played in three career AHL games, two with St. John's last season. In his time with the IceCaps he posted a 1-1-0 record, 3.50 goals against average and 0.877 save percentage. He was originally drafted by Atlanta in the sixth round, 154th overall, in the 2008 NHL Draft.
Lunden, 26, has played in 21 games with the Las Vegas Wranglers where he has recorded 16 points (6G, 10A) and 35 penalty minutes this season. The Coquitlam, BC native played in 11 games with the IceCaps last season, recording one assist and seven penalty minutes.
Petiot, 30, has played in 314 career AHL games over his career between Manchester, Toronto, Norfolk, Rockford, and Oklahoma City, where he notched 89 career points (18G, 71A) and 339 penalty minutes. He has also played in 15 career NHL games between Los Angeles, Tampa Bay and Edmonton for three career points (3A) and 25 penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by Los Angeles in the fourth round, 116th overall, in the 2001 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2013
- Sheahan's Two Goals Push Griffins Past IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Fall to Crunch in First Home Game of 2013 - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall Short against Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens Defeat Pens, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Best Amerks 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden & Petiot to PTO's - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Weekly (week 14) - Texas Rides Three-Game Win Streak To Open 2013 - Texas Stars
- Falcons Announce Partnership With Link To Libraries - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Sign Shayne Wiebe to AHL Contract - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden and Petiot to PTOs - St. John's IceCaps
- P-Bruins Announce Roster Moves - Providence Bruins
- Houston Aeros Sign NHL Veteran Defenseman Paul Mara - Houston Aeros
- Regan Smith To Headline Race Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Announce Details of Tully's Good Times Air Hockey Tournament - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Sign LoVerde - Manchester Monarchs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Worcester Signs Patrick Rissmiller and Michael Wilson - Worcester Sharks
- Hogs Host Griffs at BMO Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Combs and Costello Agree to Terms on AHL Deals - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Announce Details of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite Celebrity Bartending Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Cooper, Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Coaching Staff - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen Take You Can Play Pledge - Peoria Rivermen
- Marlies Sign Syvret to PTO - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse Head Coach Jon Cooper Selected to Join 2013 AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staff - Syracuse Crunch
- Jon Cooper, Jeff Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staffs - AHL
- IceCaps to Host Home Depot 'On the Bench' Hockey Clinic - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Weekly - Thanks Brayden and Sean - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.