T-Bones Get Dozen Hits in 8-3 Win over LincolnAugust 16, 2012 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
Justin Bass led the way for the T-Bones, reaching base five times. He went two for two with two walks and was hit once. Additionally, Bass had three RBIs and scored two runs. The T-Bones got multi-hit games, also, from Hunter Mense (2) and Devin Goodwin (3).
"We've had some high hit totals when we haven't scored as many runs, so it's good to have nearly as many runs as hits," said T-Bones manager Kenny Hook. "Generally that means that guys are getting timely hits and moving runners around the bases."
Garceau, who went six innings while getting his eighth win of the season, struck out six and gave up just one run. His ERA dropped to 2.73. He was relieved in the seventh by Brad Furnish, who went two hitless innings. Sean Toler closed out the game for Kansas City.
"It was nice that Garceau came out and set the tone and worked out of some jams by making big-time pitches," said Hook. "We made some mistakes in the game but it was a great win because each facet of the game picked the other up."
The game was the final one in the pro career of Mense, who returns to the University of Missouri this week to work on his master's degree and serve as a graduate assistant for the baseball team. Mense, a Liberty, Mo., product, reached triple-A with the Florida Marlins' organization in 2010.
Kansas City (44-39) and Lincoln (33-49) are scheduled to wrap up their three-game series on Thursday night at 7:05 at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. Tickets are available by calling the T-Bones box office at 913-328-5618.
American Association Stories from August 16, 2012
- Explorers defeat Rockland - Sioux City Explorers
- K.C. Hitters Stymied by Lincoln Pitching - Kansas City T-Bones
- Diablos Fall To Wichita, Settle For Split - El Paso Diablos
- McMurray Mashes, Butler Bulldozes as 'Dogs Take Series - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Scurry's Beauty Beats Laredo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Scurry Ties Up Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Use Two Big Innings to Take Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Penprase Double Lifts RedHawks in 1-0 Victory over Goldeyes - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Salamida's Stellar Start Spoiled by Late Rally - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Score Six in Tenth to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Come Back in Eighth to Gut out Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Committ Franchise Record Tying High Six Errors in 14-8 Loss in 10 - St. Paul Saints
- Comeback Falls Short against El Paso - Wichita Wingnuts
- Comeback Bid Falls Short, Goldeyes Beat RedHawks 8-6 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Results - AA
- T-Bones Get Dozen Hits in 8-3 Win over Lincoln - Kansas City T-Bones
- Bolden's Five-Hit Night Leads Pheasants to Victory - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Hang out for Big Win against RedHawks - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Explorers earn 11-1 win - Sioux City Explorers
- Nelson's Two Run Shot Paces Another Diablos Victory - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.