TinCaps Win, Take Two of Three from WhitecapsAugust 10, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
Needy (6-1) pitched a season-best five innings, allowing his only run in the first inning on an Eugenio Suarez RBI groundout. Needy struck out a career-high seven batters, while walking just one and allowing three hits.
Trailing, 1-0, in the fourth, Fort Wayne (28-19) began its offensive surge. Yeison Asencio singled home Jace Peterson, tying the game at one. With both Asencio and Mike Gallic, who had reached on an error, on base, Lee Orr vaulted his team-leading tenth home run of the year over the wall in left, putting the TinCaps on top, 4-1.
West Michigan (23-24, 59-58) starter Kyle Ryan (6-7) exited after the fourth inning, having allowed four runs on five hits, with one walk and one strikeout.
The TinCaps added two runs in the sixth inning on an error by Eugenio Suarez. The shortstop allowed a two-out grounder to go between his legs, which allowed both Gallic and Asencio to score. Fort Wayne led 6-1 heading to the seventh, when it scored two more times on a double by Asencio. Duanel Jones added the final TinCaps run with a solo home run, his fifth longball of the year, in the eighth inning.
Daniel Sarria pitched the ninth for Fort Wayne. He allowed two runs, which set the final at 9-3.
Following this 4-3 home stand, the TinCaps head on the road for six games. Their expedition begins with a three-game series in Dayton, Ohio, Saturday night at 7:00. The scheduled starters are Matt Wisler for Fort Wayne and Robert Stephenson for the Dragons.
Midwest League Stories from August 10, 2012
- Wisconsin Sweeps DH from Kernels, 6-4 and 2-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Zimmer Cools LumberKings - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Take Snappers the Distance Before Falling, 2-1 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Williams Ks 11 in game two for 2-0 shutout - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bees Take Rubber Match with Chiefs - Burlington Bees
- Hawks take series from Hot Rods - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Markel Dazzles, Big Hit Eludes Hot Rods - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Zimmer Aces LumberKings - Kane County Cougars
- Costly Errors Sink Whitecaps In Fort Wayne - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rain Shortens Loons' Victory - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Win, Take Two of Three from Whitecaps - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Great Lakes Wins Rain-Shortened Game 4-3 - Lake County Captains
- Fast Start Gives Rattlers Win In Game One - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Rained-Out on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugs/Dragons doubleheader canceled due to rain - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Homestand Preview: August 11-17 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Gameday for August 10 (DH) - Dayton Dragons
- Grand Rapids Fight Fest V Postponed Due to Rain - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wilborn, Loons Even Series - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.