Explorers Top Saints in 12July 10, 2012 - American Association (AA) Sioux City Explorers
Brandon Newton led off the 12th with a single, his fourth hit of the game. Youske Inoguchi then sacrificed Newton to second base. Mike Bisenius was hit by a pitch and that brought Sanchez to the plate. With a 2-2 count from relief pitcher Bret Severston, Sanchez lined a double over the head of St. Paul leftfielder Willie Cabrera and two runs scored.
Not to be overlooked was the relief pitching of Chris Bodishbaugh. He pitched four and one third innings, his longest outing of the season, allowed one hit and struck out a season high five to pick up the win.
With the victory the Explorers took three of four from the Saints and will have a day off Wednesday. The Explorers will open up a four-game series Thursday at Lewis and Clark Park in the I-29 series against Sioux Falls.
American Association Stories from July 10, 2012
- Myrow Hits for Cycle against Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Explorers Top Saints in 12 - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks beat T-Bones in Extras for Second Consecutive Night, Win 6-5 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Longest Saints Homestand of Season Ends on Sour Note with 6-4 Loss in 12 - St. Paul Saints
- Six-Run Eighth Propels 'Cats to Series Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diablos Sweep Doubleheader To Split Series With Worcester - El Paso Diablos
- Myrow Hits for Cycle as AirHogs Take Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RailCats Bunt Way to Big Eighth, Take Finale - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Winnipeg Sweeps Pheasants in Four Games - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Goldeyes Sweep Sioux Falls with a Rout - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Sox Take Series from Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Activate Hawkins - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Sign Another Former Valpo Pitcher - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Pheasants Celebrate 20th Anniversary with "Throwback Week" - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Ninth Inning Collapse Leads to Heartbreaking Loss - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.