Senators Rally for 9-6 Win over BinghamtonJune 5, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Harrisburg Senators
Harrisburg would answer beginning in the third inning. Eury Perez drove home Chris McConnell to get the Sens on the board before Jesus Valdez hit a two-run homer to left to tie the game. Harrisburg then took its first lead of the night in the fourth when Devin Ivany came home from third on a wild pitch.
Binghamton responded in the fifth by evening the score on a two-out double by Reese Havens to score Matt Den Dekker all the way from first.
In the sixth, the Senators retook the lead with Valdez hitting his second long ball of the evening to make it a 5-4 game. The home run was the fourth this year for Valdez his second two-home run game in just over a week.
In the top of the seventh the B-Mets would again counter by taking the lead on a two-run double from Jefry Marte. Binghamton would try and score a third run on the play when Josh Rodriguez rounded third, but Valdez fielded the baseball and tossed it to McConnell, and the Senators shortstop proceeded to throw a strike to Ivany in time to end the inning.
Harrisburg again regained the lead when two runs scored in the seventh, this time on a Manny Mayorson single against Brad Holt that scored both Chris McConnell and Jimmy Van Ostrand. McConnell and Van Ostrand each worked one out walks against RHP Brandon Moore to begin the rally.
The Senators would tack to more on in the eighth, before Hector Nelo came on to record his sixth save of the season in the ninth inning. Pat McCoy earned the win after a solid start by Paul Demny who went six innings tonight.
Game two of the series comes Wednesday evening from Metro Bank Park at 7:00 p.m. The Senators send LH Mike Ballard as Binghamton will counter with RH Colin McHugh. Coverage begins at 6:40 p.m. with the Senators Pre-Game Show. The game can be heard locally on 1460am WTKT and by either listening through the Senators website or through the iHeart Radio mobile application.
Eastern League Stories from June 5, 2012
- Aeros Pick Up Home Win, 6-2, over Rock Cats - Akron Aeros
- Senators Rally for 9-6 Win over Binghamton - Harrisburg Senators
- Britton Fires Five No-Hit Innings In Double-A Debut - Portland Sea Dogs
- Late Lead Escapes B-Mets in 9-6 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Garcia Razors Through Trenton in 5-0 Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Fall to Sea Dogs in Opener - Bowie Baysox
- Garcia Helps Erie Shutout Trenton, 5-0 - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Post Second Straight Shutout, Blank Reading in Opener - Altoona Curve
- The Loneliest Number Is Enough for Squirrels in NH, 1-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Joel Carreno Works Seven Innings But Richmond Tops Fisher Cats 1-0 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Trenton Thunder - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Bowie Baysox Announce Player Moves - Bowie Baysox
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at New Hampshire - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Familiar Faces Join Aeros Today - Akron Aeros
- Slugger Slides into Sweet 16 in Best Mascot Contest - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rock Cats Pitcher Promoted - New Britain Rock Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- TNA IMPACT BaseBrawl Coming to Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Harrisburg Senators - Binghamton Mets
- Celebrate Father's Day with the Baysox - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.