Eagles Get Back on Track with 6-3 Win in BakersfieldFebruary 3, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Colorado Eagles
The Eagles out-shot the Condors, 17-5, and out-scored them, 3-0, in the first period of play. Joey Sides, playing in his first game as an Eagle, scored the game's opening goal on his first shot at 3:44. The goal came following a faceoff in the right circle of the offensive zone, when Sides beat the defense to a rebound in the low slot with a backhander past Matt Keetley.
Less than three minutes later, Adam Chorneyko made it 2-0 with a solid shift that saw him keep the puck in the offensive zone as he came off the bench, then saw him stuff home a Steve Haddon wraparound rebound from the doorstep.
At that point, the Eagles owned a 9-1 edge in shots, before Kyle Jones was really tested, but he'd respond in the second half of the period with several strong stops. And at 11:18, Ben Chiarot picked up his first goal as an Eagle after another Chorneyko steal in the offensive zone made its way to the rookie defenseman in the left circle for a 3-0 lead.
The Condors came out with a much better effort in the second period, out-shooting the Eagles during the first half of the frame -- and scoring their first goal of the game -- before Colorado countered with the help of a five minute power play.
Tyler Helfrich got Bakersfield on the board at 12:22 by taking advantage of a turnover in the Eagles' end. But less than a minute and a half later, Schneekloth restored Colorado's three-goal margin with a 4-on-4 goal as the defenseman circled the Condors' cage like a shark in bloody water.
Then, at 17:18, the Eagles went up 5-1 with a power-play goal. On the play, Chiarot took a shot from the point which was poked free from under Keetley by Haddon. Riley Nelson then flipped the puck toward the net where it deflected off Haddon and in.
Bryan Pitton replaced Keetley to start the third period, and would go on to stop six of seven shots in his 20 minutes of work. Tyson Gimblett cut Colorado's lead to 5-2 at 6:17 when Casey Pierro-Zabotel found him all alone in the high slot with a pass out of the right corner.
And nine minutes later, Kyle Calder made it 3-5 as he picked up a rebound crashing the net and was able to tuck it inside the right post. But just 18 seconds later, Schneekloth would counter for the second time on the night, exchanging passes with Chiarot along the blue line before blasting a point shot past Pitton to account for the final goal of the game.
ECHL Stories from February 3, 2012
- Stockton Overwhelms Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Fall to Wranglers 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Deal Aces 2-1 Loss - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Fend off Grizzly Attack in 3-2 Sootout Win - Ontario Reign
- Grizzlies Extend Unbeaten Streak to 3 in Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Get Back on Track with 6-3 Win in Bakersfield - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Blasted by 'Blades, 8-0 - Reading Royals
- Torquato, Hotham Shootout Goals Lift Nailers Over Jackals - Wheeling Nailers
- Everblades Dethrown Royals with 8-0 Victory - Florida Everblades
- Campanale Strikes Late as Jackals Earn Point - Elmira Jackals
- Walleyes take first half of series - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Blank Road Warriors 3-0 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Cyclones Slide by Stingrays 4-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Clip Wings 5-4 - Toledo Walleye
- Road Warriors Blanked By Gladiators - Greenville Road Warriors
- Thunder Unveils St. Patrick's Day Specialty Jersey - Stockton Thunder
- Randy McNaught Assigned by Connecticut Whale - Greenville Road Warriors
- Condors Vs. Colorado Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Sign NHL Veteran Kyle Calder - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 3 - ECHL
- Kyle Ostrow Called up to Rochester - Chicago Express
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades to Honor 3-Millionth Fan this Weekend - Florida Everblades
- Royals Acquire Forward Mikael Bedard - Reading Royals
- Nailers Acquire Former NCAA National Champion - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Roster Goes Through Some Shuffling - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati Vs. South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Rookie Forward Alex Hudson Loaned to Manchester - Bakersfield Condors
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - February 3, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Faceoff Against Cyclones - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 3 - ECHL
- Aces Beat Wranglers 4-2 - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers' Win Streak Snapped by Aces - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.