Americans Make Roster MovesDecember 3, 2010 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Allen Americans
First, the Americans signed defenseman Brian McMillin. A native of Roseau, Minnesota, McMillin has been with the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL this season. In 14 games during 2010-11 with the Wings, McMillan (22) registered 13 penalty minutes.
Chris Whitley has been placed on the 10-day IR after being diagnosed with a lower body injury. To fill the void during Whitley's absence, Allen has signed goaltender Scott Campbell. Most recently a member of the Toledo Walleye, Campbell began his professional career in 2009-10 with the Wichita Thunder. Campbell compiled a 3-4-2 record with the Walleye during 2010-11, accompanied by a 2.72 goals against average.
In another move, Americans Captain Jarrett Lukin has been placed on indefinite personal leave.
"Obviously it's a big deal when you lose a player like Lukin," said Tobais Whelan, who was named interim team captain.
"Luky's a big contributor to our team. We wish him all the best and will do the best we can to fill the gap he left. We hope he's not out too long."
When told about his new title, Whelan said, "It's an honor that Mully would even consider me to fill Jarrett's shoes. I can only hope to provide the same leadership to the team as he does. I'm ecstatic to fill in during his absence."
The Americans take on the Texas Brahmas at the Allen Event Center tonight at 7:30PM. All fans in attendance will receive a free schedule poster, courtesy of Dr. Ross Miller.
Central Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2010
- Mallards Outlast Rapid City in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Lose Lead, Come from Behind to Top Killer Bees, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Whelan's Hat Trick Continues 'Bugs Struggles with Alle - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Whelan, Americans Squash 'Bugs, 5-4 - Allen Americans
- Mavs Win Third Straight, 4-1, Over Texas - Missouri Mavericks
- Tulsa Edges RiverKings After 12-Round Shootout - Mississippi RiverKings
- Killer Bees Fall to Arizona 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Komets Cooled by Thunder 5-3 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Comeback Attempt Falls Just Short for Gems - Dayton Gems
- Penalty-Filled Period Sways Game in Eagles Loss - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Give up Four in Loss Against Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Jacks Shoot Down Bucks with Big Third Period, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Third Period Dooms Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- PrairieThunder Defeats Fort Wayne 5-3 - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- RiverKings Sign Rookie Forward Auger - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans Make Roster Moves - Allen Americans
- Rush Battle Mallards in First Ever Meeting Tonight at the Civic Center - Rapid City Rush
- Colorado's Kyle Jones Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Fort Wayne Komets Welcome Bloomington Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Weekend Preview - Evansville - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Start Weekend Play in Tulsa Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Look to Continue Climb Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.