Mulvey Pitches Aces to 4-2 Win over BeaversJune 7, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
Mulvey helped his own cause in the early going with a two-out, two-run single, as Reno put up three runs in the second to take an early lead. Mulvey's hit followed an RBI-groundout by Mark Hallberg, who added a sacrifice fly in the fourth that gave the Aces a 4-2 lead. Both teams were held scoreless after the fourth, as Reno held on for their second-straight victory.
Kevin Mulvey (1-5) finally earned his first win of the 2010 campaign, tossing his sixth quality start by holding the Beavers to just two earned runs over six innings of work. Luis Ayala hurled two scoreless innings, and Zach Kroenke came on in the ninth to earn his second save of the year.
Will Inman (2-4) took the loss for the Beavers, allowing 11 hits and four runs over seven innings.
Jeff Bailey and Pedro Ciriaco paced Reno's offense with three hits apiece, while Mulvey and Hallberg combined to knock in all four Aces runs. Miguel Montero went 1-for-4 in his first game of a Major League rehab assignment.
The two teams complete this four-game set Tuesday afternoon, with a pair of Major Leaguers squaring off on the mound. Kris Benson (1-2, 11.68 ERA) toes the slab for the Aces, and will be opposed by RHP Tim Stauffer (0-0, 0.00 ERA). Both pitchers are currently on the disabled list for their respective Major League clubs. First pitch is set for 1:05 p.m. PT.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 7, 2010
- Mulvey Pitches Aces to 4-2 Win over Beavers - Reno Aces
- 'Birds Blast 'Topes 20-7 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Split Doubleheader with Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Mulvey Shines in Aces Win over Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Z's Beat Cubs - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Fall to Express on Monday Night, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Express Score Early, Hold Off Sounds 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- 'Topes Topple 'Birds, 9-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Royals Select Colon in First Round - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Catcher Corporan Nabs PCL Player of the Week Honor - Reno Aces
- PCL Player & Pitcher of the Week, May 31-June 6 - PCL
- Okc RedHawks Game Notes Update - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Inagural Sacramento Cup Kicks off with Soccer Ball Scavenger Hunt - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Nashville Sounds - June 7 (Game 58) - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Montero to Join Aces on Rehab Stint - Reno Aces
- JUCO World Series Champ Reivers to be Honored Tonight - Omaha Storm Chasers
- World Famous Budweiser Clydesdales to Appear at Rosenblatt - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Even Series With 8-2 Win Over Nashville - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.