Erasmo Ramirez Joins LumberKingsApril 17, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) - Clinton LumberKings
The 19-year-old Ramirez was Seattle's Minor League Pitcher of the Year in 2009, going 11-1 with a 0.51 ERA in 14 games, 13 starts with the Venezuelan Summer League Mariners. The Nicaraguan walked only five batters over 88.0 innings and struck out 80 while allowing opponents to hit just .174.
Czyz heads to the Mavericks after going 0-0, 0.00 over three relief appearances. The lefty walked three while striking out 10 over 7.2 innings and allowed only one hit.
With the moves, the LumberKings' active roster stands at 25 players with none on the disabled list. No number has been announced for Ramirez, who will join the club in Beloit tonight.
The LumberKings (5-4) open a road series with the Beloit Snappers tonight at Pohlman Field, first pitch scheduled for 4:00 PM. Right-hander Taylor Stanton (1-0, 4.50) makes his second start of the season. Listen to the game on AM 1390 KCLN or www.lumberkings.com.
Midwest League Stories from April 17, 2010
- 'Caps Make it Four of Five - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wild Walk Off Prevail Snappers' Win - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps end Captains' perfection, 6-2 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Drop Opener In Lansing 7-1 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels offense strikes early and often in 14-6 rout of Cougars - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- 'Caps Top Great Lakes, 4-2 - Great Lakes Loons
- River Bandits Stay Perfect At Home, Take Game One With Rattlers - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Fall to South Bend, 6-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Bandits take series opener - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Losing Streak Over, Hawks Post First W in 2010 - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Kane County crushed by Cedar Rapids in series opener - Kane County Cougars
- Wild Pitch Hands Game to Beloit in 11th - Clinton LumberKings
- Lugnuts cool down Hot Rods, 7-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Four-Run Lead Evaporates In Peoria - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Win Home Opener 7-6 on Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- Erasmo Ramirez Joins LumberKings - Clinton LumberKings
- Gonzales Third Straight Home-run Game Lifts Snappers - Beloit Snappers
- Five-Run Rally In 11th Caps Improbable Comeback - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wilking Rodriguez Dazzles With 9 Strikeouts - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- April 16 - Peoria 7, Kernels 4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Break Up No-No In 9th, Fall 9-0 To Wisconsin - Burlington Bees
- Sams Homers Three Times, Including 11th Inning Walk-Off - Clinton LumberKings
- Defense struggles in 7-4 loss to Chiefs - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bandits blow eight run lead - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.