San Jose Sharks Recall Forward John McCarthy From WorcesterJanuary 8, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Worcester Sharks
McCarthy has appeared in 36 games with Worcester in his first professional season, posting 18 points (six goals, 12 assists), a team-high plus-14 and 19 penalty minutes. He recently posted a seven-game point streak from Dec. 18 thru Jan. 2 (four goals, four assists).
He was a co-captain of the 2009 NCAA Champion Boston University men's hockey team. McCarthy was originally selected by San Jose in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft (7th round, 202nd overall).
Demers has played in 34 games with San Jose this season, posting 15 points (two goals, 13 assists) and a plus-eight rating (T-4th on team). In five games with Worcester, he has three points (two goals, one assist).
He was drafted by San Jose in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft (7th round, 186th overall).
McGinn has appeared in 38 games with the Sharks, notching eight points (seven goals, one assist) and 20 penalty minutes.
The six-foot, 185-pound native of Fergus, Ontario native was originally selected by San Jose in the second round (36th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2010
- Providence Holds Off Adirondack 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- P-Bruins Defeat Phantoms 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Texas falls in Abbotsford - Texas Stars
- Houston Aeros Score Three In Third To Defeat Rockford 5-3 - Houston Aeros
- Wamsley Picks Up First Win in Power-Play Clinic - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons Lose To Sound Tigers 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Moose fed their first shootout loss in Hershey's hyped return - Manitoba Moose
- Peters, Peters, Monarchs Eaters - Manchester Monarchs
- 'Dogs munch Monsters 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers hold off Falcons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack defeat Sharks - Connecticut Whale
- Goaltender Justin Peters Perfect In Shootout - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Attack Crunched by Lalande - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks win streak ends at six, fall to Wolf Pack 5-2 - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens win 4-3 over Portland - Binghamton Senators
- Moose show Olympic spirit on 'Go Canada Night' January 16th - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins double up Amerks; drop fourth straight - Rochester Americans
- Senators Slip Past the Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Kellan Lutz Cancels Second Appearance - Peoria Rivermen
- Coyotes re-assign Porter to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Canucks Recall Evan Oberg - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Sign Jimmy Sharrow To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- O'Reilly, Santorelli Switch Places - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Host Griffins At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Ottawa Senators Recall Forwards Zack Smith And Martin St. Pierre From Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Recalls Warren Peters From Texas - Texas Stars
- San Jose Sharks Recall Forward John McCarthy From Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Whitfield Recalled By Boston, Marquardt Returns From Reading - Providence Bruins
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Andy Chiodo To Elmira; Sign Forward Max Gratchev - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Set To Host Sound Tigers Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Calgary Flames Flames Recall Jamie Lundmark From Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.