Beach Has Hat Trick, Chiefs Drop DecisionOctober 29, 2009 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Spokane Chiefs
Brandon scored the game's first goal as Scott Glennie, the Dallas Star's first round pick in the 2009 NHL Draft, took advantage of a Spokane turnover at the blueline and scored just 25-seconds into the game.
Spokane tallied the next three goals, all in the first, with Levko Koper tying the score at 4:23. Kenton Miller had the assist to extend his point scoring streak to five games, the longest on the Chiefs this season. Beach gave the Chiefs a 2-1 lead at 12:25 from Dominik Uher. His second was scored at 14:12 on the power play. The goal came on Spokane's only man-advantage of the night. Mitch Wahl had one of the assists, recording his 200th career point in a Spokane jersey becoming the 21st player in franchise history to achieve the milestone. Stefan Ulmer had the other assist.
The Wheat Kings two goals in the second came from Jay Fehr at 5:16 and Aaron Lewadniuk at 8:49 to make it a 3-3 game going into the third. Spokane outshot Brandon 15-10 in the period.
The final three goals of the game were scored during a 1:41 span in the middle of the third starting with a Brandon goal at 13:01 from Schenn.
Beach then took a Wahl pass from behind the net and one timed his eighth of the season from the right circle to complete his hat trick at 14:20. Just 22-seconds later Schenn scored the eventual game winner with Glennie assisting on the play.
Spokane will travel to Kelowna on Friday night for a 7:00 match-up with the defending WHL Champion Rockets. Mike Boyle will go on the air at 6:30 with Comcast Hockey Tonight on 1510 KGA.
Saturday night, the Chiefs will host the Portland Winterhawks in the first half of a home-and-home series. Fans are encouraged to come dressed in their best Halloween costume. A limited amount of candy will be available for the kids.
Tickets to all home games are available by calling the Chiefs office at (509) 535-PUCK or TicketsWest at (800) 325-SEAT.
Western Hockey League Stories from October 29, 2009
- Cowen And Koper Named To Team WHL - Spokane Chiefs
- Two Oil Kings Will Compete In The Subway Super Series - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Brett Ponich To Play For Team WHL In The 2009 Subway Super Series - Portland Winterhawks
- Two Pats To Play In Subway Super Series - Regina Pats
- Raiders To Wear Special Jerseys For Cancer Awareness Night Tomorrow - Prince Albert Raiders
- WHL This Week: Looking Ahead... - WHL
- Cougars & Hubbell Designer Goldsmiths Announce Player Of The Month - Prince George Cougars
- Myers to stick with Sabres of the NHL - Kelowna Rockets
- Kelowna players named to Team WHL in Subway Super Series - Kelowna Rockets
- Shinnimin To Compete For Team WHL At Subway Super Series - Tri-City Americans
- Brett Connolly To Take Part In 2009 Subway Super Series - Prince George Cougars
- Pair Of Broncos Make Team WHL - Swift Current Broncos
- Ashton Selected For Team WHL - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Send Two To Subway Super Series - Saskatoon Blades
- Team WHL Rosters Announced For Subway Super Series - WHL
- Western Canada Under-16 Challenge Cup Begins Today - WHL
- Wheat Kings Edge The Chiefs - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Open BC Road Trip With 4-1 Loss In Kelowna - Calgary Hitmen
- Everett Takes Down Kootenay, 4-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Gore's 44 Saves Snap Americans Win Streak - Tri-City Americans
- Rockets Defeat Calgary - Kelowna Rockets
- Beach Has Hat Trick, Chiefs Drop Decision - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.