Rondon PromotedJuly 5, 2009 - Eastern League (EL) - Akron RubberDucks Press Release
Rondon opened the year winning each of his first five starts and was 7-5 with a 2.75 ERA for the Aeros. His ERA was the fifth-best in the Eastern League, he was in a four-way tie for fourth in the league in victories, and he was tied for fifth in the league with 73 strikeouts in just 72.0 innings. He was holding Double-A opponents to a .227 batting average.
Livingston, 26, agreed to terms with the Indians yesterday after exercising a clause in his contract with the Baltimore Orioles that allowed him to ask for his release if he was not in the big leagues by July 1st. The left-hander began the year with Bowie (and actually pitched against the Aeros on four occasions) and was 6-2 with a 3.62 ERA. He also made three starts for Class AAA Norfolk, going 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA. Originally drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the fourth round (129th overall) in 2001, he started the Texas League All-Star Game in 2005 and made his Major League debut April 25th, 2006 for Seattle against the Chicago White Sox. He went 4-4 with an RBI for Cincinnati in a 10-3 victory over Atlanta July 16th, 2007 at Turner Field (also earned the win), and holds a career big league record of 3-3 with a 6.31 ERA in 13 games (10 starts) for Seattle and Cincinnati in 2006 and 2007. He will wear #47.
Eastern League Stories from July 5, 2009
- Donovan Goes 2-for-4 with Two SBs in 9-3 Loss to Sea Dogs - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Return the Favor, Blank Curve - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Bring on the Fireworks, Beat Cats 9-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- New Britain Blanks Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Shut Out in Loss - Altoona Curve
- Aeros Take Two Sunday in Harrisburg - Akron RubberDucks
- Big Phillies Ibanez Expected to Play for R-Phils - Reading Fightin Phils
- Davis Homers in Second Straight Game, B-Mets Succumb 3-1 - Binghamton Mets
- Defenders Win 12-5 - Connecticut Defenders
- Rondon Promoted - Akron RubberDucks
- Erie SeaWolves at Binghamton Mets - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Media Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Jose Molina to rehab with Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Trenton walks off with 7-6 win - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.