The Aeros made a roster move today, as RHP Hector Rondon was promoted to Class AAA Columbus and LHP Bobby Livingston was signed as a minor league free agent and assigned to Akron.
Rondon opened the year winning each of his first five starts and was 7-5 with a 2.75 ERA for the Aeros. His ERA was the fifth-best in the Eastern League, he was in a four-way tie for fourth in the league in victories, and he was tied for fifth in the league with 73 strikeouts in just 72.0 innings. He was holding Double-A opponents to a .227 batting average.
Livingston, 26, agreed to terms with the Indians yesterday after exercising a clause in his contract with the Baltimore Orioles that allowed him to ask for his release if he was not in the big leagues by July 1st. The left-hander began the year with Bowie (and actually pitched against the Aeros on four occasions) and was 6-2 with a 3.62 ERA. He also made three starts for Class AAA Norfolk, going 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA. Originally drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the fourth round (129th overall) in 2001, he started the Texas League All-Star Game in 2005 and made his Major League debut April 25th, 2006 for Seattle against the Chicago White Sox. He went 4-4 with an RBI for Cincinnati in a 10-3 victory over Atlanta July 16th, 2007 at Turner Field (also earned the win), and holds a career big league record of 3-3 with a 6.31 ERA in 13 games (10 starts) for Seattle and Cincinnati in 2006 and 2007. He will wear #47.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 5, 2009
- Donovan Goes 2-for-4 with Two SBs in 9-3 Loss to Sea Dogs - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Return the Favor, Blank Curve - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Bring on the Fireworks, Beat Cats 9-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- New Britain Blanks Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Shut Out in Loss - Altoona Curve
- Aeros Take Two Sunday in Harrisburg - Akron RubberDucks
- Big Phillies Ibanez Expected to Play for R-Phils - Reading Fightin Phils
- Davis Homers in Second Straight Game, B-Mets Succumb 3-1 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Defenders Win 12-5 - Connecticut Defenders
- Rondon Promoted - Akron RubberDucks
- Erie SeaWolves at Binghamton Mets - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Media Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Jose Molina to rehab with Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Trenton walks off with 7-6 win - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron RubberDucks Stories
- RubberDucks to Honor Browns Legend Joe Thomas with New Extreme Food Item
- RubberDucks National Anthem Auditions Set for March 17
- RubberDucks Release Full 2018 Promotional Calendar
- RubberDucks Announce Staff Changes for 2018 Season
- RubberDucks Six-Hour Suite Heart Special Sale Is February 22