Wranglers Cruise Past RoadRunners 6-2November 8, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) Phoenix RoadRunners
Las Vegas (4-4-1) opened their offensive onslaught on the first shift of the game when Chris Ferraro found a wide open Watt at the side of the net and Watt put a backhand shot by RoadRunners goalie Craig Kowalski just 27 seconds into the contest for a 1-0 lead. The RoadRunners (6-3-2) came right back though to tally the equalizer at 1:34 when Michael Wilson beat Wranglers goalie John DeCaro with a slap shot from the left point on a two-man advantage power play to knot the score at 1-1. But the Wranglers would score three unanswered goals to close out the period. On a delayed penalty, Gerard Miller fired the puck from the center blue line and it was deflected in front by Tyler Mosienko past Kowalski at 6:54 for a 2-1 Las Vegas advantage. Watt later scored his second goal of the period re-directing Mike Madill's shot from the point by Kowalski at 12:50 to make it 3-1. Mike Hamilton closed out the first period scoring finishing off a centering pass from Chris Neiszner while crashing the net at 18:31 on the power play.
After a scoreless second period, Las Vegas stretched their lead to 6-1 with goals from Chris Ferraro at 7:08 of the third and Watt's third of the night at 14:03. Dane Crowley scored his first goal in a RoadRunners' uniform at 17:20 of the period to cap the scoring for the evening.
Las Vegas out-shot Phoenix 29-28. Kowalski made 23 saves but suffered the loss to fall to 4-2-1 on the season. The RoadRunners went 1-9 with the power play while Las Vegas was 0-6
Notes: Phoenix registered a season-high 61 minutes in penalties...The loss ended the RoadRunners' six-game unbeaten streak in regulation which matched an ECHL club record set last season from March 2-18...The RoadRunners gave up four goals in a period for the first time since Jan. 30, 2008 against Las Vegas...Phoenix finished up a grueling stretch as they played their sixth game in nine nights.
The RoadRunners continue a three-game road trip at 8:05 p.m. Friday, Nov. 14 when they visit the Victoria Salmon Kings at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre for the opener of a two-game weekend series. Catch all the action live on Independent 1310 KXAM beginning with "RoadRunners Countdown" at 7:45 p.m.
Phoenix returns to US Airways Center for a three-game home-stand at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18 when they welcome the Las Vegas Wranglers.
Great seats are still available beginning as low as $8 and can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (480) 784-4444, purchasing online ticketmaster.com or visiting the US Airways Center Box Office. Information on season tickets, half-season packages, and flex plans for the 2008-09 season of Phoenix RoadRunners Hockey are available by calling (602) 462-GOAL.
ECHL Stories from November 8, 2008
- Wranglers Cruise Past RoadRunners 6-2 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Grizzlies Drop Wild One 6-5 To Ontario - Utah Grizzlies
- Chiefs triumph against Royals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Nailers pound Sea Wolves 4-1 in Game Two of series - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- 'Blades make it four straight! Blank Gwinnett 4-0 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Take Win In Front of Sixth Largest Crowd - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Stage Comeback, Defeat Charlotte 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Defeat T-Devils, 5-1 - Trenton Devils
- Gladiators Blanked by Everblades, 4-0 - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Musitelli Hat Trick Leads Bombers to 5-1 Victory Over Trenton - Dayton Bombers
- Checkers fall to Stingrays, lose 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Grizzlies Trade Scero To Elmira - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Jackals Add Skilled Forward - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Fresno Falcons - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs Victoria Salmon Kings - Stockton Thunder
- Checkers Announce Girl Scout Patch Program - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Nailers Fall 5-4 In Shootout - Wheeling Nailers
- "Thunder Goes Pink III" features come-from-behind win in front of 8,027 - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Complete Unbelievable Comeback; Win In Shootout - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Defeat Reign 3-2 In Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Double Down On Condors, Win 4-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Salmon Kings Lose In Shootout - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Wranglers corral 4-2 win against Condors - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Lose A Heartbreaker, 2-1 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.