Kevin Kulp Named President of the Harrisburg SenatorsJuly 7, 2008 - Eastern League (EL) Harrisburg Senators
Kulp, 36, was General Manager of the Lexington Legends (Class A, South Atlantic League, Houston Astros) from 2004 through 2007. He began with the Legends in 1999 as a Senior Sales Associate before being promoted to Director of Corporate Sales in 2001 and again promoted to GM in 2004.
Kulp broke into minor league baseball with the Delmarva Shorebirds (Class A, South Atlantic League, Baltimore Orioles) in 1995 as Merchandise Manager. He was promoted to Ticket and Group Sales Representative in 1996 and promoted again to Advertising Sales representative in 1998.
"Kevin has been involved from the business side with two very successful stadium construction projects. We felt his experience with new stadiums would be a tremendous asset during this time of rapid changes with the Senators organization and extensive renovations soon to begin at Commerce Bank Park," stated Reinsdorf.
Lexington opened a new 6,000 seat ballpark in April of 2000 featuring 26 suites, 400 club seats, a full service restaurant and multiple picnic areas. Delmarva opened a new 5,000 seat ballpark in April 1997.
The Senators open up a seven-game homestand beginning Tuesday night at 6:35pm against the New Britain Rock Cats (Minnesota Twins). Harrisburg and New Britain play a three game series with all three games at 6:35pm then the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) come to town for a four-game series beginning Friday night at 6:35pm. This coming homestand features not one but two fireworks nights with one Friday night after the game with Bowie and another one Saturday night after the 6:05pm start against Bowie.
Eastern League Stories from July 7, 2008
- Baysox Send SeaWolves Packing - Bowie Baysox
- Curve imprached by Senators - Altoona Curve
- Defenders Win 5-3 & Win Series 4-1 - Connecticut Defenders
- Rock Cats defeated at hands of Defenders - New Britain Rock Cats
- Sens pull out nailbiter - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder pull out victory - Trenton Thunder
- Arencibia, Snider hit 2-run HRs in 6-4 loss to Trenton - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sens homestand preview - Harrisburg Senators
- Irving Oil Home Run Derby Participants Announced - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- AST Dew Tour Athletes to appear Wednesday at Canal Park - Akron Aeros
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox...Game Four of Four...Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Kevin Kulp Named President of the Harrisburg Senators - Harrisburg Senators
- Akron Completes Sweep - Binghamton Mets
- Portland Tops Reading 5-4 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Nominations Being Accepted for 2008 Grandparents All-Star Team - New Britain Rock Cats
- 'Cats Invite Dogs in on July 21st - New Britain Rock Cats
- Aeros Notes - Akron Aeros
- Bump Named Pitcher of the Week - Connecticut Defenders
- "Awful Night" Theme Returns Tonight For The Curve - Altoona Curve
- Bank of American Players Of The Week - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.