YES Network Premieres "Homegrown: the Bridge to Brooklyn" Long Island Nets Doc-Series Saturday
The YES Network's new original docu-series, Homegrown: The Bridge to Brooklyn, which provides an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the Brooklyn Nets' NBA G League affiliate Long Island Nets, will premiere on Saturday, January 5, at 9:00 pm ET. The format of The Bridge to Brooklyn is similar to that of YES' ground-breaking Emmy Award-nominated docu-series Homegrown: Path to Pinstripes, which gives fans unprecedented access to the New York Yankees biggest minor league prospects.
Homegrown: The Bridge to Brooklyn will premiere on January 5 immediately following YES' telecast of the Long Island Nets' home game against the Raptors 905 (7:00 pm ET). The Long Island-Raptors 905 telecast is the fifth of six Long Island Nets games that YES is televising this season. YES is also televising all 82 Brooklyn Nets games this season; its next Brooklyn Nets game telecast is Friday, January 4, when the Nets visit Memphis.
Each monthly, 30-minute The Bridge to Brooklyn show will give fans the same unparalleled access that they have come to expect from Path to Pinstripes. Homegrown: The Bridge to Brooklyn will take fans into the Long Island Nets' locker room pregame, during halftime and postgame, in coaches' and team meetings, and practices, and will shadow players and coaches away from the arena as well. Just as was the case with Path to Pinstripes, the Long Island Nets coaches will be mic'd during games and practices.
The Bridge to Brooklyn will delve into players' and coaches' lives and reveal intriguing backstories of players who come from a variety of countries, colleges, and personal and basketball backgrounds yet who share one goal: to make it to the NBA.
Similar to Path to Pinstripes, which enables viewers to eavesdrop as Yankees minor leaguers get the actual call to the big leagues, The Bridge to Brooklyn cameras could also capture the moments when Long Island Nets players are notified that they are being called up to the Brooklyn Nets. The Long Island Nets currently own the best record in the Eastern Conference and third-best record overall among 27 G League teams.
Among the highlights of Saturday's premiere episode: behind-the-scenes looks during a Long Island Nets practice and game; Long Island Nets head coach Will Weaver mic'd up during practice; players Kamari Murphy, Jordan McLaughlin, Tahjere McCall and Ismael Sanogo hang out and play video games; and players Mitch Creek and Shannon Scott give a tour of their living quarters.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2019
- Vipers End Warriors Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 97-89 to Rio Grande Valley Vipers Despite Big Third Quarter Run - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Hustle Unable to Stop Streaking Stockton Kings - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws' Rally Falls Short in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Star Wars Night Thursday, January 10 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Prescott Valley Event Center to be Renamed The Findlay Toyota Center - Northern Arizona Suns
- Courtney Alexander Named Assistant Coach for Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- YES Network Premieres "Homegrown: the Bridge to Brooklyn" Long Island Nets Doc-Series Saturday - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs to Hold Martin Luther King Jr. Day Essay-Writing Contest - Austin Spurs
- NBA Veteran Archie Goodwin Joins Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Hustle Return Home After Long Absence; Stokes Set to Debut - Memphis Hustle
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Cruise to Victory over Suns - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Cold Suns Heat up Too Late in Loss to Clippers - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Theo Pinson and Alan Williams Selected to Midseason All-NBA G League East Team
- Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13
- Long Island Drops Matinee to Fort Wayne in Brooklyn
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe