Y'alls Swept for First Time in 2021 by Otters
EVANSVILLE, Ind. - A wild seventh inning was not enough to keep the Y'alls from being swept for the first time this season in a crucial series against the Evansville Otters, with a final score of 10-6. This loss has put the Otters in first place in the West Division and gave Evansville the best record in the Frontier League.
The Y'alls made a thrilling comeback in the top half of the seventh inning to tie the game at six. The inning powered through the entire Florence lineup with Jose Brizuela starting the inning. His base hit not long followed by him scoring a run ignited a confidence within the team. Chad Sedio smoked a fly ball into the right center gap to bring home the bases that were loaded. Trevor Craport found the left center gap to bring Sedio home and tie the ball game.
Unfortunately for Florence, Evansville would outdo the performance and score four times in the bottom half of the inning. The third to sixth hole of the Otters lineup scored. Designated hitter J.R. Davis and right fielder Elijah MacNamee were sent home from a wild pitch along with the two other runs scored from a base hit and sacrifice flyout. Both teams were unable to score after the seventh.
Florence's right-handed pitcher Johnathon Tripp served some speed in five innings. His fastball dominant pitches were unable to keep the Otters from piling in the runs in the first and third innings, while striking out six. Grant Hockin takes the loss throwing one inning and allowing two runs with Andrew McDonald tossing two innings and allowing two earned runs.
Evansville's starting pitcher Austin Gossmann tossed 6.1 innings, but Tyler Spring takes the win pitching 1.1 innings and gave up no runs as well as no hits.
The Y'alls head on the road following this series to play the Lake Erie Crushers in Avon, Ohio for a weekend series. Friday night first pitch will be at 7:05 PM ET.
The Florence Y'alls are Northern Kentucky's professional baseball team, and are proud members of the independent Frontier League, an MLB Partner League. With a purposeful focus on entertaining our fans, the Y'alls provide affordable, family-friendly entertainment. Y'alls home games are played at Y'alls Ballpark, located at 7950 Freedom Way in Florence, Kentucky. The Y'alls return home on August 3 for a nine-game homestand against the Schaumburg Boomers, Gateway Grizzlies and Windy City ThunderBolts. Tickets are on sale now for the series and the rest of the 2021 season. More details can be found online at florenceyalls.com or by phone at (859) 594-4487.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Slammers Unwrap Win on Christmas in July against Gateway - Joliet Slammers
- ValleyCats Drop Weekend Series Opener at Washington - Tri-City ValleyCats
- ThunderBolts Can't Overcome Early Deficit in 6-2 Loss - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Wild Things Earn Fifth Straight Win in Series Opener - Washington Wild Things
- Adept Arjona Guides Boomers to Series Opening Win - Schaumburg Boomers
- Y'alls Shut out Crushers to End Losing Streak - Florence Y'alls
- Crushers drop second straight 5-0 decision - Lake Erie Crushers
- Equipe Quebec Rallies Past Boulders - New York Boulders
- Early Lead Slips Away for Miners in Evansville - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Sweep Y'alls in Gritty Series - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Sweep Jackals - Washington Wild Things
- Y'alls Swept for First Time in 2021 by Otters - Florence Y'alls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florence Y'alls Stories
- Y'alls Season Ends in Game Four Loss to Boomers
- Middendorf, Offense Guide Boomers to Series Lead
- Y'alls to Host Playoff Games this Weekend at Y'alls Ballpark
- Pintor's Double Lifts Y'alls to Series-Tying Victory
- Y'alls Drop First Game of Divisional Round Versus Boomers