Y'alls Shut out Crushers to End Losing Streak
AVON, Ohio - The Florence Y'alls bats exploded to take an early lead in just the top of the first inning, which led to a shutout win in game one of the Lake Erie Crushers road series on Friday night, 5-0.
The Y'alls used the multiple early walks served by the Crushers starter Tyson Cronin to set up RBI chances for the middle of the order. Harrison DiNicola hit an RBI double to bring home two runners with the bases loaded. An RBI SAC fly from Jordan Brower and an RBI single from Andres Rios extended the lead to 4-0 in the first. This was Rios's first RBI in his Y'alls career.
Florence's starting man on the mound Frank Valentino made his first appearance since the twentieth of June. He impressed in his return with a strong fastball, which struck out five and lead him to three 1-2-3 innings in his five innings on the bump. Valentino takes the win for the night while Joe Dougherty makes the save in the bottom of the ninth.
Cronin takes the loss but give credit to a former Y'all for giving Lake Erie length in his place. Ean Walda, who spent spring training with Florence, gave variety in his pitches and allowed only one more run from a Craport RBI double in the top of the seventh inning.
The Florence Y'alls will look to win the series as they head into game two of the series Saturday night at 6:05 p.m. ET.
The Florence Y'alls are Northern Kentucky's professional baseball team, and are proud members of the independent Frontier League, an MLB Partner League. With a purposeful focus on entertaining our fans, the Y'alls provide affordable, family-friendly entertainment. Y'alls home games are played at Y'alls Ballpark, located at 7950 Freedom Way in Florence, Kentucky. The Y'alls return home on June 25 for a 3-game weekend series against the Gateway Grizzlies. Tickets are on sale now for the series and the rest of the 2021 season. More details can be found online at florenceyalls.com or by phone at (859) 594-4487.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Slammers Unwrap Win on Christmas in July against Gateway - Joliet Slammers
- ValleyCats Drop Weekend Series Opener at Washington - Tri-City ValleyCats
- ThunderBolts Can't Overcome Early Deficit in 6-2 Loss - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Wild Things Earn Fifth Straight Win in Series Opener - Washington Wild Things
- Adept Arjona Guides Boomers to Series Opening Win - Schaumburg Boomers
- Y'alls Shut out Crushers to End Losing Streak - Florence Y'alls
- Crushers drop second straight 5-0 decision - Lake Erie Crushers
- Equipe Quebec Rallies Past Boulders - New York Boulders
- Early Lead Slips Away for Miners in Evansville - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Sweep Y'alls in Gritty Series - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Sweep Jackals - Washington Wild Things
- Y'alls Swept for First Time in 2021 by Otters - Florence Y'alls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florence Y'alls Stories
- Y'alls Season Ends in Game Four Loss to Boomers
- Middendorf, Offense Guide Boomers to Series Lead
- Y'alls to Host Playoff Games this Weekend at Y'alls Ballpark
- Pintor's Double Lifts Y'alls to Series-Tying Victory
- Y'alls Drop First Game of Divisional Round Versus Boomers