Crushers drop second straight 5-0 decision
AVON, Ohio - The Lake Erie Crushers were shutout for the second straight night at Mercy Health Stadium on Friday, as they dropped their series opener to the Florence Y'alls, 5-0.
Lake Erie (26-31) has now been shutout six times this season, while the win for Florence (35-22) snapped a brief three game slide.
The Y'alls wasted no time getting started, plating four runs in the top of the first inning. The first five reached safely, including Harrison DiNicola, who doubled down the right field line to plate the first two runs of the game. Jordan Brower followed with a sacrifice fly to score Trevor Craport, and Andres Rios drove the final run of the inning home on a single to center to score DiNicola.
Florence added another run in the top of the seventh. Connor Perry walked to start the inning and eventually scored on a two out single from Craport.
The Crushers had just three hits on the night, but not a single one went for extra bases. Just as they had done the night before ,the Crushers had just one base runner get into scoring position.
Tyson Cronin (2-4) did not make it out of the second inning. He took the loss after allowing four runs on four hits while walking four over 1 2/3 innings. Frank Valentino (1-2) picked up the win for the Y'alls, tossing five scoreless innings and he allowed just two hits while fanning five.
The Crushers and Y'alls will continue their series at Mercy Health Stadium on Saturday evening. Right-hander Sam Curtis (2-0, 3.11) will start for the Crushers, and Florence will counter with lefty Jonaiker Villalobos (3-2, 2.76). The first pitch is scheduled for 6:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Slammers Unwrap Win on Christmas in July against Gateway - Joliet Slammers
- ValleyCats Drop Weekend Series Opener at Washington - Tri-City ValleyCats
- ThunderBolts Can't Overcome Early Deficit in 6-2 Loss - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Wild Things Earn Fifth Straight Win in Series Opener - Washington Wild Things
- Adept Arjona Guides Boomers to Series Opening Win - Schaumburg Boomers
- Y'alls Shut out Crushers to End Losing Streak - Florence Y'alls
- Crushers drop second straight 5-0 decision - Lake Erie Crushers
- Equipe Quebec Rallies Past Boulders - New York Boulders
- Early Lead Slips Away for Miners in Evansville - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Sweep Y'alls in Gritty Series - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Sweep Jackals - Washington Wild Things
- Y'alls Swept for First Time in 2021 by Otters - Florence Y'alls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.