Wild Things Sweep Jackals
WASHINGTON, Pa. - The Washington Wild Things defeated the New Jersey Jackals after two rain delays in Washington, 4-3. The win earned Washington its fourth sweep of the season and third-straight against the Jackals.
The Jackals took the lead in the first inning when Demetrius Moorer scored while Dalton Combs was caught trying to steal second base. The Wild Things did not hesitate to gain their first run of the game either. At bat, Bralin Jackson hit a single allowing for Andrew Sohn to score bringing the game even at one a side.
During the top of the second inning, Jason Agresti and Justin Wylie scored on two RBI hits by teammates. Stanley Espinal doubled home a run and Todd Isaacs had an RBI single. The Wild Things played a mirroring inning by also scoring two runs to tie the score at 3-3. Scotty Dubrule hit a two-RBI single allowing for Joe Campagna and Andrew Czech to score.
The game remained at a tied score until the bottom of the seventh inning. While it began to rain, Andrew Sohn hit a single allowing for Nick Ward to score the fourth run of the game for the Wild Things. Shortly after, the second rain delay of the game was called.
Jesus Balaguer, BJ Sabol, James Meeker and Zach Strecker combined to log 4.1 innings of scoreless ball to clinch the sweep from the pen after Steven Colon allowed three runs over 4.2 innings in his first start at home. Zach Strecker's save was his 12th of the year and the 64th save of his career.
The Wild Things will begin their series against the Tri-City ValleyCats tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. Tickets are available at wildthingstickets.com and at the box office for Italian Heritage Night and a Fireworks Friday.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Slammers Unwrap Win on Christmas in July against Gateway - Joliet Slammers
- ValleyCats Drop Weekend Series Opener at Washington - Tri-City ValleyCats
- ThunderBolts Can't Overcome Early Deficit in 6-2 Loss - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Wild Things Earn Fifth Straight Win in Series Opener - Washington Wild Things
- Adept Arjona Guides Boomers to Series Opening Win - Schaumburg Boomers
- Y'alls Shut out Crushers to End Losing Streak - Florence Y'alls
- Crushers drop second straight 5-0 decision - Lake Erie Crushers
- Equipe Quebec Rallies Past Boulders - New York Boulders
- Early Lead Slips Away for Miners in Evansville - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Sweep Y'alls in Gritty Series - Evansville Otters
- Wild Things Sweep Jackals - Washington Wild Things
- Y'alls Swept for First Time in 2021 by Otters - Florence Y'alls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Wild Things Stories
- Czech's Late Homer Powers Washington to Win, FLCS Is Even
- Kyle Arjona Shines as Schaumburg Takes Game One from Wild Things
- Whalen Dazzles, Washington Wins FLDS Series to Advance to FLCS
- Wild Things Force Game 5 in FLDS with 5-3 Win
- Wild Things Fall in Pitcher's Duel, Face Elimination Saturday