Worcester Railers Sign Veteran Forward Kyle Thomas for 2019-20 Season
Worcester, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach Jamie Russell (@JamieRussell18) officially announced today that the club has signed forward Kyle Thomas to an ECHL contract for the 2019-20 season.
The 29-year-old forward enters his seventh professional season after playing for the Kalamazoo Wings last season where he scored 15 goals and 23 assists (15-23-38) and had a personal ECHL career long 15 game point streak last season from January 16thto February 20thscoring 12 goals and 10 assists (12-10-22). On February 21st, 2019, Thomas was recalled by the Utica Comets (AHL) where he ended up playing in six games scoring one goal and one assist (1-1-2).
Thomas has played in 240 ECHL games with the Reading Royals (2013-14), Quad City Mallards (2014-15), Fort Wayne Komets (2014-17), Utah Grizzlies (2017-18), and Kalamazoo Wings (2018-19) scoring a combined 74 goals and 124 assists (74-124-198) and 255 penalty minutes.
The 6-0, 190lb right handed shot has also played in 25 AHL games scoring three goals and three assists (3-3-6) with the Cleveland Monsters (2016-17), San Diego Gulls (2017-18), and Utica Comets (2018-19).
Prior to professional hockey, Thomas played four years at Norwich University from 2009-13 where he played in 114 games scoring 68 goals and 58 assists (68-58-126) where he won a National Championship in 2010.
"Kyle has a tremendous track record and we are very excited to have him as a Railer," Russell said. "Kyle has shown that he can put up big numbers offensively and I know our fans will love his gifted offensive abilities as well as his hard work ethic."
The Railers now have nine players signed for the 2019-20 season as Thomas joins Barry Almeida, Connor Doherty, Bobby Shea, Kyle McKenzie, Drew Callin, Ross Olsson, Bo Brauer, and Ivan Chukarov as the signees.
The Worcester Railers HC 2019-20 home opener at the DCU Center is Saturday, October 12 vs. the Adirondack Thunder. The only way to secure your spot to opening night is by purchasing a season membership, flex package or a group outing by contacting the Railers HC front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 1, 2019
- Steelheads Alum Scott Burt Named Assistant Coach - Idaho Steelheads
- Opening Weekend Tickets on Sale Now - Rapid City Rush
- K-Wings Give Bootland Four-Year Extension - Kalamazoo Wings
- Welcome Back Kotyk - Toledo Walleye
- Michael Sdao Returns for Second Season with Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Alex Schoenborn Signs with Solar Bears for 2019-20 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Worcester Railers Sign Veteran Forward Kyle Thomas for 2019-20 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Beast Re-Sign Veteran Defenseman Henry for 2019-20 Season - Brampton Beast
- Mariners Re-Sign Goaltender Brassard - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center to Host Worcester Sports Retail Sidewalk Sale on October 24
- Worcester Railers Announce Revised Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forward Anthony Repaci for the 2020-21 Season
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Veteran Forward Mason Baptista for 2020-21 Season
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Defenseman Nicolas Luka for 2020-21 Season