Woods Returns to Utah in Series of Transactions
West Valley City, Utah - Forward Riley Woods returns to the Utah Grizzlies as he was reassigned from the AHL's Colorado Eagles. Forwards Nick Henry and Ty Lewis were each recalled to the Eagles and goaltender Evan Buitenhuis has been placed on reserve.
Woods has 11 points in 8 games with Utah (4 goals, 7 assists). He made his Grizzlies debut on January 18th vs Kansas City and was called to Colorado on February 8th. Woods was the number 1 star on February 5th at Kansas City where he had 2 goals and 1 assist in a 4-2 Grizzlies win.
Nick Henry returns to Colorado after scoring a game winning goal in overtime for the Grizz on February 20th vs Rapid City and the following afternoon scoring 3 goals and 1 assist in a 4-3 win. Ty Lewis had 5 assists in 2 games last weekend.
In a separate roster move, defenseman Kris Myllari was traded to the Kansas City Mavericks. Myllari had 1 goal and 2 assists in 17 games.
The Grizzlies are at Wheeling for a 3 game series on February 26th-28th. Next homestand will be on March 12th and 13th at 7:10 pm vs Allen and a 1:10 pm face-off on March 14th. Tickets for every Grizzlies home game are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000. Capacity is limited to 1800 with social distancing and masks required. For continuing updates on the Grizzlies and the 2020-21 season, follow the Grizzlies on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 22, 2021
- A Letter to Fans from Team President Mike Waddell - Allen Americans
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Announce Schedule Changes - Allen Americans
- Rescheduled Dates for February 19 and 20 at Allen Games Announced - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Change Road Date - Tulsa Oilers
- Woods Returns to Utah in Series of Transactions - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - February 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Signs Forward Stephen Johnson - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Sweep Opening Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Won 2 of 3 on Weekend Series - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.