Thunder Signs Forward Stephen Johnson
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today the signing of forward Stephen Johnson.
Johnson, 26, turns pro after four seasons at Saint Mary's University. A native of Moncton, New Brunswick, the 5-foot-10, 172-pound forward served as an alternate captain during his senior campaign. He finished with 37 points (19g, 18a) in 30 games and led the team in goals. Johnson was named to the Atlantic USports Second All-Star Team. Overall, he appeared in 119 games for the Huskies, tallying 76 points (31g, 45a).
Prior to heading to college, he played for his hometown team, Moncton Wildcats, of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Johnson was team captain two years in a row, piling up 119 points (49g, 70a) in 226 career games. He also had 25 points (16g, 9a) in 41 career playoff games.
The Thunder heads on the road Tuesday night to face the Mavericks starting at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 22, 2021
- A Letter to Fans from Team President Mike Waddell - Allen Americans
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Announce Schedule Changes - Allen Americans
- Rescheduled Dates for February 19 and 20 at Allen Games Announced - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Change Road Date - Tulsa Oilers
- Woods Returns to Utah in Series of Transactions - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - February 22 - ECHL
- Thunder Signs Forward Stephen Johnson - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Sweep Opening Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 22 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Won 2 of 3 on Weekend Series - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.