Woodard II Hits Buzzer Beater to Best the Spurs
February 2, 2023 - NBA G League (G League) - Austin Spurs News Release
AUSTIN - Robert Woodard II hit a buzzer beater fadeaway to push the Oklahoma City Blue (6-9) to a win over the Austin Spurs (4-10), 114-115, at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park on Thursday night.
Blake Wesley led the Spurs with 29 points, while Brandon Randolph hit 22 points and 8 rebounds in his debut with Austin. Dominick Barlow notched his fourth double-double of the season as he chipped in 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds.
Austin jumped out to a quick advantage and built a 32-31 lead after the first quarter. The Blue came back in the second frame, as Lindy Waters III scored 10 of his 15 points on the night with Oklahoma City leading at the end of the first half, 29-21. The Spurs fought back in the third quarter as Jordan Hall hit a fadeaway shot to end the third frame, cutting the deficit to nine, 90-81. Austin opened the fourth quarter with a 10-2 run with 10:24 remaining. Austin and Oklahoma City traded buckets to end up tied 110 all with 4:27 left in the game. Wesley's two-point free-throw and Randolph's pullup jump shot put the Spurs ahead 114-110 with 1:44 left in the fourth. But Jahmi'us Ramsey's three-point shot with 1:34 left and Woodard II's buzzer beater left the Spurs with a loss.
Ramsey led Oklahoma City with 31 points while Woodard II scored 23 points. Forward Eugene Omoruyi claimed a double-double with 19 points and 10 boards in the Blue's win.
The Spurs hit the road to face the Iowa Wolves for a back-to-back weekend with the first game slated for Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. and Feb. 5 at 3 p.m. at the Wells Fargo Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 2, 2023
- Woodard II Hits Buzzer Beater to Best the Spurs - Austin Spurs
- 905 Charge Past Cleveland with 36-Point Victory - Raptors 905
- Charge Road Streak Snapped in Mississauga - Cleveland Charge
- Game Preview: Skyforce vs Squadron - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Ronnie Burrell Named NBA G League Coach of the Month - Long Island Nets
- Sharife Cooper Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Cleveland Charge
- Stars Host Junior Jazz Night at Vivint Arena February 4 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Saben Lee Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Raptors 905
- Wisconsin Herd to Host STEAM Workshop at Perry Tipler Middle School - Wisconsin Herd
- Blake Welsey Assigned to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Extend Winning Streak to Five with Victory over Clippers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clippers Comeback Falls Short Against Vipers - Ontario Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.