905 Charge Past Cleveland with 36-Point Victory
February 2, 2023 - NBA G League (G League) - Raptors 905 News Release
Raptors 905 (7-5), the NBA G League affiliate of the Toronto Raptors, defeated the top-seeded Cleveland Charge (9-3) in the first of two matchups, 136-100 Thursday evening. Reggie Perry led the 905 with a team-high 23 points, adding eight rebounds, six assists, two steals, and a block in the victory. The Charge were led by Jamorko Pickett who put up a game-high 27 points, four rebounds, five assists, a steal, and a block.
The 905 took control of the ball game in the early minutes of the first quarter as they led 11-4. They continued to attack the basket ending the quarter 33-24. The Charge attempted to keep the game close in the second quarter, but the 905 were able to outscore the visitors by five as they closed the half 66-52.
Up 14 to open the second half, the 905 continued to push the pace as they outscored Cleveland 39-25 in the third quarter. The 905 showed no signs of slowing down in the final frame, increasing their lead to as many as 38 points in the quarter, and eventually closing the blowout win in Mississauga. Raptors 905 saw all 12 players score in tonight's matchup.
Jeff Dowtin Jr. paced the 905 with 20 points, eight rebounds, and three steals, while Gabe Brown and Aaron Epps contributed 17 points each. Cleveland received complementary scoring from Isaiah Mobley who added 18 points, seven rebounds, seven assists, and three steals.
The two teams meet again to complete the second game of back-to-back matchups Saturday, tip-off scheduled for 2:00 pm.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 2, 2023
- Woodard II Hits Buzzer Beater to Best the Spurs - Austin Spurs
- 905 Charge Past Cleveland with 36-Point Victory - Raptors 905
- Charge Road Streak Snapped in Mississauga - Cleveland Charge
- Game Preview: Skyforce vs Squadron - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Ronnie Burrell Named NBA G League Coach of the Month - Long Island Nets
- Sharife Cooper Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Cleveland Charge
- Stars Host Junior Jazz Night at Vivint Arena February 4 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Saben Lee Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Raptors 905
- Wisconsin Herd to Host STEAM Workshop at Perry Tipler Middle School - Wisconsin Herd
- Blake Welsey Assigned to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Extend Winning Streak to Five with Victory over Clippers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clippers Comeback Falls Short Against Vipers - Ontario Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.