Wolves Ousted by Drive in Waning Moments
Des Moines, Iowa - Marcus Thornton scored the final 10 points for the Grand Rapids Drive (11-13), who overcame a seven-point deficit in the final three minutes to defeat the Iowa Wolves (9-17) 110-108 Sunday evening at Wells Fargo Arena.
Iowa never trailed by more than two points throughout the game.
Darius Johnson-Odom came off the bench to record a team-high 22 points while shooting 7-of-19 from the floor.
As a team the Wolves tied a season-high with 56 rebounds, including a season-high 19 boards on the offensive end.
The Wolves fell short of their season average by shooting just 37.4% from the floor for the game.
NBA veteran Hakim Warrick finished with his first double-double of the season, posting 18 points and 11 rebounds in his first action since Dec. 30.
William Lee notched 17 points and 15 rebounds in a starting role for the Wolves, marking his fifth double-double in the last seven games.
Thornton posted a game-high 32 points for the Drive in the win, falling a point shy of tying a season-high.
Iowa begins a six-game road trip on Wednesday, Jan. 16 against the Sioux Falls Skyforce at 6:30 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Terry, Cooke III Lead Skyforce Past Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Ousted by Drive in Waning Moments - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Stockton Kings
- Drive Win on Thornton's Game-Winning Layup - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Malik Pope - Greensboro Swarm
- BayHawks Power Past 905 - Raptors 905
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Acquire Tai Odiase - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Snap Vipers Five-Game Winning Streak, Earn 92-91 Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.