Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Kings (14-9), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, beat the Austin Spurs (12-14) the NBA G League affiliate of the San Antonio Spurs, in a close game Sunday afternoon at the Stockton Arena. The final score was 116-109.
Two-way player, Stockton Kings forward, Troy Williams lead both teams in scoring with 24 points, along with four rebounds.
In the first half, Stockton Kings guard Kalin Lucas scored 12 of his 23 points and posted four assists. Austin Spurs forward Josh Huestis scored 11 points to go along with 3 rebounds off the bench. Williams posted 11 points in the third quarter to help Stockton see their biggest lead of the night, to be up 14 points.
Towards the end of the fourth quarter the Austin Spurs cut the lead down to two points with 16.9 seconds remaining. Williams scored and was fouled, sending him to the line. The three-point play gave the Kings a 114-109 lead with 15.4 seconds left of play.
Overall, Lucas posted 23 points, eight rebounds and three rebounds while forward Anthony Walker contributed with 13 points. Stockton saw five players in double figures. Today was the team's fifth home win in a row.
Austin Spurs guard Lonnie Walker IV led the team with 20 points and four assists.
The Stockton Kings will head on the road for three games starting with the Salt Lake City Stars on Wednesday, January 16 at 6:00 p.m. This game can be viewed via ESPN+. They will face the Agua Caliente Clipper for back to back games on January 17 and 19.
The Stockton Kings return home on Tuesday, January 22 to host the Rio Grand Valley Vipers followed by the Iowa Wolves and Santa Cruz Warriors on January 24 and 25. All games begin at 7 p.m. Tickets for these games can be purchased at StocktonKings.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Austin Spurs
- Oklahoma City Goes Cold at Sioux Falls - Oklahoma City Blue
- Terry, Cooke III Lead Skyforce Past Blue - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wolves Ousted by Drive in Waning Moments - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Austin Spurs, 116-109 - Stockton Kings
- Drive Win on Thornton's Game-Winning Layup - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Acquires Malik Pope - Greensboro Swarm
- BayHawks Power Past 905 - Raptors 905
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Acquire Tai Odiase - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Warriors Snap Vipers Five-Game Winning Streak, Earn 92-91 Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.